Closed on house today 2 yrs post 13.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed on house today 2 yrs post 13.

I closed on a $250k house today with 5% down on a conventional loan. I'm 2 years and 2 months post 13 discharge. I used a mortgage broker. It was an easy experience. I had credit scores in the high 700's.

Congratulations and enjoy your new home. Your note gives hope to some of us in Chapter 13 who wonder it buying a new home post discharge will happen
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Mayo, congratulations on your new home. How was it working with a broker. How much did your Ch 13 come into play! HOW did you get your credit scores in the high 700s??? I'm having trouble still disputing stuff. Any recommendations on brokers??? Any advice is greatly appreciated. We'll have 20% down so I'm hoping that will help! Thanks so much!!

Comment

Congrats, what interest rate do you have?

Comment

4.3% 30 year conventional 5% down.

Comment

Originally posted by bkrelief22 View Post
            Mayo, congratulations on your new home. How was it working with a broker. How much did your Ch 13 come into play! HOW did you get your credit scores in the high 700s??? I'm having trouble still disputing stuff. Any recommendations on brokers??? Any advice is greatly appreciated. We'll have 20% down so I'm hoping that will help! Thanks so much!!
            I waited until the 7 year mark and my 13 had fallen off my credit report. I used a local mortgage broker that was recommended from my realtor. At first I thought I'd have to do a 3.5% FHA loan but with 5% down I qualified for a conventional loan. I had 3 credit cards I got in first year post discharge. I paid them in full each month and only charged on two of them. My scores were good and the loan process was easy. I did check with my local CU, and they wanted a 5 year post discharge before they could give me a mortgage.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X