top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to let a mortgage broker find the loan or go to the bank, etc myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to let a mortgage broker find the loan or go to the bank, etc myself?

Hi everyone...we're hoping to purchase a home with a conventional loan 20% down. I've read reviews of banks, etc in regard to getting a loan there. It's actually scary! I've read reviews on mortgage brokers that find the loan for you and there are some very good ones. Has anyone had any experience. I need all the help I can get.

Oh..filed Chapter 13 in Oct. of 2008 and were discharged Oct 2011. We still have some issues on credit reports that I've been working on and still having trouble...stupid things like one creditor saying 90 days late one time Jan 2012...when were discharged in 2011.

Thanks in advance for all your help. You guys are amazing!
    bkrelief

Your bankruptcy is still reporting, so I would use a broker.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks just broke...any recommendations for Florida??

Comment

No real recommendations, but I do like how Zillow's Mortgage Marketplace seems to lookup many brokers and allows you to review them (they have reviews of the individual brokers). The Zillow Mortgage Marketplace also seems to have very good rates as well as showing FHA loans.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks again ! I have been on Zillow some and will definitely check it out! Thanks so much for your response!

Comment

Do they do the USDA loans?

Comment

Yes they do.

Comment

do you still need help for florida? If yes i can provide an experienced people. Let me know

Comment

Were in the middle of a refi with Churchill Mortgage (2 years after chapt 13 discharge). They are very good to deal with. You can apply on their website, then someone calls you. (they are a broker)
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
                  Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X