How long do banks hold it against you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do banks hold it against you?

I filed chapter 13 over 7 years ago, so it should have fallen off of my credit report in September or October 2016. One of the credit cards included in my bankruptcy was a Chase card. I just applied for a Chase credit card and the bank stated that I was declined due to a "delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank." Will they never forgive me and allow me to get a card with them?

Some banks will, some won't. If you call Chase and ask, they might tell you their policy.

Why do you care so much about Chase? There are plenty of other banks who will be happy to give you a credit card.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I've just posted about a similar issue with American Express but the Amex person was blunt and said "We will do business with you if you "voluntarily" repay the amount discharged". I'm looking into the legality of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ben1381 View Post
        I've just posted about a similar issue with American Express but the Amex person was blunt and said "We will do business with you if you "voluntarily" repay the amount discharged". I'm looking into the legality of this.
        It's not illegal to refuse to loan money, or provide credit, to any person that has defaulted on a prior obligation and has never repaid that obligation. I responded in your other thread.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X