what kind of credit card offers should i expect to receive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of credit card offers should i expect to receive

my credit score pre chapter 7 filing is 727, my expected 12 Month Post- bankruptcy Credit Score is 679. net credit score effect -48. my annual salary is 46K. What kind of offers should i expect to receive post discharge? is there a particular card anyone recommends? the lesson i learned from my debt getting out of control was to only ever have one credit card ever again going forward. i lost control the moment i got a second card.

For the first 3 to 6 months after discharge, your mailbox will begin to fill with terrible credit card offers from sleazy subprime issuers such as Credit One Bank, Merrick Bank, and First Premier. These companies offer credit cards with laughably small credit limits, such as $300, and load the balance with fees from the get-go. These fees include an account setup fee, annual fee, and monthly account maintenance fee. With a starting limit of $300, it's not uncommon to have $150 to $200 of the available credit used up by these fees.

My advice is to send these pieces of junk mail to the trash can, where they belong. After 6 months to a year (depending on how bad your credit was before bankruptcy) you should start receiving offers from mainstream credit card issuers, such as Capital One and Wells Fargo. These should be attainable. You may also receive offers from Barclay Bank, however even though those offers were supposedly "pre-qualified", I was denied more than 2 years after discharge, and the denial letter cited the fact that I have a bankruptcy and negative public record(s) which is a judgment that was discharged in bankruptcy.

Comment

You may be eligible for the best credit cards as your score is above 700. Did you try CITI/Capital One yet? You can check list of credit cards on this site.

Comment

I had better luck with Barclays than bcohen. I was approved for a low balance, no fee card while still in Chap 13.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X