Credit scores/ roller coaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit scores/ roller coaster.

It’s been close to 3 weeks since my 341. There’s been lots of activity on my credit report. Accounts removed, reaffirming car loan notations. Etc. but my scores are crazy, one will drop up to 90 points then a week later goes up 88. Right now there’s 100 point difference in equifax & transunion. I’m not going to do anything for quite a while like try to get credit cards or dispute things , my question is after time passes and dust settles should one dispute a 100 point discrepancy?

You can't dispute a credit score. Each bureau has its own algorithm.

Comment

As written, it's hard to dispute discrepancies between credit bureaus. They all record data a little bit differently and is why they are never the same. In fact, you'll find that one bureau has a particular account and another does not.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comment

Don't pay any attention to your score until after your discharge and then just verify all information is correct. Even then, credit scores provided to consumers is always substantially lower than scores provided on credit notices by banks to the consumer when applying for credit.

Comment

Thanks! I did apply for a meijer credit card. I got approved for 500.00 . I figure I can buy grocery’s and some home goods there to help build. I honestly thought I’d never even get that. I think it beats a secured card with fees though.

Comment

Just keep your balance (at the time the statement is cut) below 30% and ideally below 10%. This will keep your score as high as it could be. On time payments are also the most major factor. I highly recommend setting up automatic minimum payments so that you never mess up.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you Justbroke I’ll certainly take that advice!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X