top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which benefits FICO better: Charge or Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which benefits FICO better: Charge or Card?

While I do utilize my existing credit cards a little and pay off extra payments, early payments, etc... I do most of my transactions from my debit card. I'm thinking I'd be better off using a credit or charge card and paying them off quickly to utilize any benefits and exercise my history more. Since I just got my Amex and need to start showing them good behaviors, I was thinking of using it for everything and pay it off each month. Will utilizing a charge card like this benefit my FICO? Or should I split things across the charge and credit cards?
    Thanks again as always!

Based upon my research coupled with my limited experience since my Chapter 13 was discharged earlier this year, I've come to the conclusion I need to stop using my Debit Card almost entirely and switch all of my card purchases over to my credit card(s) (I only have one at the moment). Furthermore, it seems paying my card off in full a day or two before each monthly statement is generated really boosts my credit rating.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Hi..just keep your card use to less than 30 percent and pay it off each month.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Sure, but which? The question being is using a charge account (Amex) any more or less beneficial than using a credit card (Visa/MC) for boosting FICO scores and demonstrating good usage habits?

Ie: I'm thinking of putting most of my transactions on my Amex to utilize their membership rewards and paying it off right before the next billing date, but does using the MC / Visa less often negatively impact FICO scores since Amex technically isn't a credit card?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X