Experian cracks me up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experian cracks me up...

So, the general consensus for those of us rebuilding credit after a Discharge is to gradually add credit and keep our credit cards paid off. Last year I obtained a Secured Credit Card with a $5,000 limit from my bank, and then in December I was approved for a CapitalOne Quicksilver card with a $3,000 limit. When I applied for the Quicksilver card, all three of the credit bureaus dinged my credit rating to the tune of about 8 to 12 points due to the hard pull of the credit check; when TransUnion and Equifax started reporting the new card and my balances earlier this month, those two scores went right back up to where the were before the credit check in early December.

Then there's Experian... Today they alerted me of a new credit score and when I checked, I saw the following:
    • My new total credit limit was $8,000
    • My current balances for the credit cards was $136
    • My total credit usage was rounded up to 2%
    • My Experian score dropped another point!
    Wow, I've long known there was some mysterious stuff going on over at Experian, but yeesh, this is just silly.
    Latent car nut.

I was in a three-way argument with Experian and a creditor over how Experian was reporting a particular credit line. They both agreed that it was being reported wrong but neither wanted to do anything about it. I was working with a senior (level-two) Experian supervisor and he was extremely nice. I finally convinced the creditor to remove it and Experian did a dispute and it was removed 2 days later.

They are just silly and my score is still 20 points lower on Experian.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X