• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so back to the driveway picture:
    IMG_20150220_075245277 by ship0, on Flickr
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Ummm... why do you have white dirt piled on the sides of the road? Is this some sort of filter you're using?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Another update for those following this thread. As expected, and based on what I have heard, my Chapter 13 fell off my Experian report exactly on March 1. That's 2 months earlier than 7 years from the month in which I filed (May). It just automatically stopped being reported on March 1 and it didn't even trigger an alert. I only knew because I'm looking at mortgage rates and did a soft credit check. It revealed that there is no bankruptcy o Experian.

The sad part is that my score did not move (up or down). This is likely because of the issue with the account reporting 89%. I hope that in about 2-3 weeks, that balance is reported as $0 (0%) and my score jumps 70 points on Experian. That's my hope. I should at least recover my 33 points!

To review, I contacted TransUnion 6 months in advance by disputing the bankruptcy and they immediately removed it (via online dispute). I understood that Experian would automatically remove it 2 months in advance and that came true. Experian stopped reporting it 2 months in advance.

I understand that Equifax is the tricky one and they will stop reporting 1 month in advance. So we will see what happens on 4/1. Interestingly, Equifax is my highest score (low 700s).

(There's nothing worse than the anticipation of your score going up 40-70 points when the bankruptcy falls off Experian, and nothing happens. Not an increase; not a decrease.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke, hopefully once the 89% report goes away your numbers will improve significantly. I say "hopefully" because I've recently become aware of something called "bucketing". As I understand it, this means, while the Chapter 13 was on your record, you were "bucketed" with other discharged Chapter 13 folks, and in that group, you had credit worthiness near the top of those in the group with you. Once the Chapter 13 fell off, you were "rebucketed" with other folks with no bankruptcy on their record, and in that group, you don't fare so well.

Keep in mind, you're hearing this second hand, so I may have gotten it wrong.

Regardless, keep us posted.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Yes, the dreaded re-bucketing event. I have read the same thing about the way Fair Isaac (FICO) used the bucketing concept to group "like" consumers for purposes of comparing credit behavior. I'm sure that I'm not the best in whatever new bucket in which I now live.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X