What is in a LexisNexis Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is in a LexisNexis Report

According to LexisNexis, this is what's included in their report.

The report includes items such as real estate transaction and ownership data, lien, judgment, and bankruptcy records, professional license information, and historical addresses.
    Let's just say that you are not anonymous and they are very good at linking things together to complete a 360 degree view of a person. So I ordered a disclosure for myself and I was amazed at what they knew about me! There were more than 80 pages of disclosures, and the total report package was over 90 pages!!!

They had my name, current address and driver's license number.

They had a current email addresses and phone number for me. There were over 20 phone records which listed whether published or not and to which address it belonged. It even listed how many disconnects there were in the previous 12 months. It even had "non-published" and "unlisted" numbers in the list.

They had over 50 "address" records for me (although most were duplicates with minor spelling differences), including old phone numbers. For each address they had the dwelling type. The address also certified by the United States Postal Service (USPS) and showed a last certified date!

It contains marriage/divorce records.

It contains education records. It even had my high school graduation year.

It contains business affiliations.

For email addresses, a marketing section is on the report showing email addresses registered for online marketing.

It contains property records. The records include all sales and transfers of every home I bought/sold. It also contained detailed property records of the physical properties from the property appraiser.

The interesting one was the insurance records. Not only does it list your insurance policies and vehicles, but anyone named on the policy (or who was ever named on the policies).

Then, finally, the inquiry section showing all the companies that requested a copy of the LexisNexis Risk report. I have a bunch of Account Reviews from American Express and Discover.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Thanks for the information!
    Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo you should get a disclosure so you can see what they know about you. I'm sure they have even more probing reports available to creditors.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL, I have a pretty fair idea of what they know about me given the number of background checks I've been through in the last 14 months; between the 10 credit card applications I've submitted as well as the jobs I've been vetted for, I've seen references dating back to the late 1980 and early 1990s in questions like, "Which address in this list are you associated with?"

In the end I may get the disclosure, but right now I have MUCH bigger fish to fry; I accepted a new job this week (not the one I mentioned over a year ago), and between the Knowledge Transfer sessions I'm leading to train up my replacement(s), and getting ready for the new job starting on 10-May, I'm pretty busy these days. :p
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X