Discharged loan listed twice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged loan listed twice?

I filed CH7 pro se and was discharged over the summer. I had a loan from TD bank that is listed twice on my credit report as closed, discharged, "potentially negative". While all my discharged accounts are "potentially negative", my concern is that this account is listed twice since it changed department hands when it went to the charge-off division (the account number changed at that point, even though it was the same loan).

Is this worth disputing? Would it change my FICO score to have one less "potentially negative" account?

Thanks!

Disputing it won't help your score by even one point and might hurt. If you dispute and it comes back verified, then all of the dates update to the verification date and your scores will probably drop a bit. The fact is, having the Chapter 7 on your record trumps everything else and is the main anchor chain holding your scores down; your best bet is to leave all of the stuff on your report from your bankruptcy alone and start gradually rebuilding your credit with starter cards.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X