Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Start

Happy Independence Day,

I would like to know what credit cards are great for rebuilding credit after chapter 7 discharge and how soon can I purchase a new or used car? My current car runs and gets me to work but the repair bills are getting out hand, The car is over 21 years old with a ton of miles. After filling for chapter 7 and discharge I’ve been receiving advertisements from a few car dealers but as of yet no credit card offers….Love the forum and thanks for your help.

Read the sticky in this area of the forum. It's written by shipo and is a very good guide. If you follow that guide and get the "share secured loan" (SSL) as well, you'll be off to a great start. I would wait until your new credit settles and maybe within 6 months of discharge and getting your credit re-established you could get a decent lending rate on a car.

The following is kind of a distillation of various bits of post-discharge advice (from my "do as I suggest, not as I did" department) I've helped other folks out with: Following your discharge: Wait 6 weeks and then get copies of all three of your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com Go through those reports

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Appreciate the information….Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X