top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to Ask for Increase in Credit Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to Ask for Increase in Credit Line?

My Chapter 13 was discharged last month (10/23) and immediately got 3 unsecured credit cards with credit limits of 2500, 2000 and 400. I will charge them up each month and pay them off completely before billing period ends but alternatively carryover 10% of one of them as suggested here.
    After how long should I request to have the credit line increased? Should I request one card at a time or all at once?

Asking for a CLI varies by financial institution; some have fixed time frames for asking, some don't. Some hit you with a hard pull on your credit, some don't. Some do auto-CLIs (unrequested CLIs with no hard pull), some don't.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
      Asking for a CLI varies by financial institution; some have fixed time frames for asking, some don't. Some hit you with a hard pull on your credit, some don't. Some do auto-CLIs (unrequested CLIs with no hard pull), some don't.
      Wow there are many variables I see. In this case I will be patient and wait to see if I get any offerings.

Comment

I only have one credit card, but when I got it the paperwork said after a specific number of months if paid on time I would get an increase and it increased as planned and then another time after that. They may have something already in place they use with those of us starting off with low limits.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X