To Take the Leap or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by womanonfire View Post

Yep! That's what I'm doing now. I'm in chapter 13 until Jan. 2027 and I have four credit cards. The lowest interest rate on any card is with Ally at 19%. It's zero balance because my Venmo (26.49%) gives me the best rewards. It's pretty sweet to pay off the balance each month and pay zero interest but earn cash back. I've earned $881.85 so far this year in cash back and my credit rating is over 759. πŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³
    interesting Ally gives someone in active Chapter 13 lower interest than someone out of it. Although I was in Chapter 13 when I got it and it was 27 or 28% if I remember I just know it's too high! It's the still the only card I have.

though now new offers are coming with a limited time at 0% then it jumps up several months later.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post

interesting Ally gives someone in active Chapter 13 lower interest than someone out of it. Although I was in Chapter 13 when I got it and it was 27 or 28% if I remember I just know it's too high! It's still the only card I have.

though now new offers are coming with a limited time at 0% then it jumps up several months later.
      IKR? I've wondered about that. A quick backstory is that I settled on a bunch of debt before filing and my plan is 100% payback so maybe I'm somehow a lower risk? I used the card to transfer debt from Venmo to finance a trip and only paid the transfer fee and paid it off before the intro period ended. It was a very affordable loan short-term loan!

Comment

Update: After my husband submitted bank statements as proof of income, I was approved for 3K, which is OK by me.
        I am underwhelmed because I really don't need to use it, but it is still better to get credit again in my own name.
        We all have to rebuild somehow, LOL!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X