New Accounts Included by Equifax in Discharged Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Accounts Included by Equifax in Discharged Chapter 13

I have one for ya...We were discharged this past August from Chapter 13. We have been in the process of disputing incorrect items on our credit reports with the three major agencies on and off since last April, when we refinanced and bought out of our Chapter 13 early. We kept one credit card (clothing store) through our Chapter 13 that had a zero balance on it and was not included in the Chapter 13 (OK'd by our attorney). During the course of our Chapter 13, I opened a $300 limit Old Navy Card which has never had a late payment and always been paid off in full. In April we refinanced, then purchased a new vehicle and recently obtained a $500 limit Orchard Bank Mastercard. Here's the kicker - Equifax has listed all these new accounts as being part of my Chapter 13 and placing their opening dates back to when we filed. They were listed fine before. We have the Triple Alert system through Experian and the notice of this came up a few days ago. I could not believe it. Neither of the other two agencies have done this. How can this occur? What kind of people work at these places to make an error like that? Now all these accounts have been sent to the "bad credit" side of my credit report with Equifax when they were listed absolutely fine before. We filed Chapter 13 in 2002, discharged 8/06. Paid off 4/06. Orchard Bank was opened 10/06 and they have it dated back to 4/02. We have never had an account with Orchard Bank. Our new car loan in 5/06 is also among the transfers and also our new mortgage!

This goes to show you have stupid errors can occur on your reports and you are not aware of them unless you pull them frequently or have the alert notification system that alerts you to changes in all three of your reports. Now it is going to take more of my time to dispute this and ensure it gets changed back. It will take months. You can bet a nasty letter will be fired off tomorrow about this situation with a copy of the triple alert printout.
    Last edited by HHM; 11-26-2006, 04:54 PM.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Did you open the accounts before your were discharged??? Also, I thought the trustee had to approve any new credit during 13?
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X