bad advice from attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad advice from attorney

In jan 07 I was lead to believe that i was responsible for a loan on a mortgage. So I filed a 13 the same month we found out that It was not my loan and had the case dismissed I'm try to find out if there is any thing I can do to remove the ch. 13 from my credit report anyone know if so please advise.

Originally posted by dk1 View Post
    I'm try to find out if there is any thing I can do to remove the ch. 13 from my credit report anyone know if so please advise.
    Unfortunately once you file Ch 13 bankrutpcy, it's going to stay on your credit record for 7 years even if you voluntarily dismiss your case.

A few people have tried repeatedly challenging the credit agencies about the filing hoping they will make a mistake and remove it. This is such a long shot that it isn't worth the time (not to mention that you are lying saying the case isn't yours when it is).

When you file bankruptcy in a hurry without talking with several experienced bankruptcy lawyers in your area beforehand, unfortunately this is one of the long-lasting consequences.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

look at it this way, its good new that you are not responsible for that debt! Look at the entry on your credit report. I'm sure there is SOMETHING on that entry that you can find that is either just outright wrong or that you would like to have verified. There is nothing illegal or wrong or immoral about asking a a credit reporting agency to verify that something on your credit file is accurate. I was able to get our BK erased from my all three of my hubby's credit file's this way. I wasn't so lucky on mine, but it somehow worked on his. Anyway, in the end again, just be happy it over and the debt is gone!!! A 13 is a long hard road that you don't have to go down!!!!!!!
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

You can't get the Chapter 13 report off your credit report BUT you can put a "private statement" on your credit reporting letting everyone know that it was dismissed and cancelled. This might help with any future people looking at your credit report..... to let them know that it was not carried thru.
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I agree with Minnymouth regarding the statement. In 99% of cases most would advise against placing any type of statement on your credit report, but your case may be the case where it would be appropriate to do so.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X