top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Score Comparisons TRUE CREDIT is way off! Proof.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score Comparisons TRUE CREDIT is way off! Proof.

My lender gave me the "Real" Credit scores today while working on my mortgage for my house. I am going to list them and then list what truecredit shows to give you an idea of how off they are.

I didn't realize they are SO off.

Me:
    True Credit Mortgage Co. Difference
    Experian 558 679 121 points
    Equifax 650 626 24 points
    Trans 699 641 58 points

Hubby:

True Credit Mortgage Co. Difference
    Experian 621 674 53 points
    Equifax 650 667 17 points
    Trans 701 735 34 points

Wow. Crazy. Its a good thing I don't use transunion exclusively to monitory my scores!! I know it wasn't accurate, but never dreamed it was that off. good news is, it was actually better than I thought.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

That's awesome that your scores were better!

I have said elsewhere on this forum: TrueCredit.com is a TransUnion product. FICO scores, REAL FICO scores, are from Equifax, their website is MyFico.com. TrueCredit.com is most likely reporting FAKO scores. "fake-o" ;)

If you want the real deal, go to the source. I do.

Congrats!
    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

I am purchasing my scores my myfico.com Are these scores fairly accurate? And even though I have work to do, most of my errors are fixable. If those are cleaned up to zero balance, does it raise the score by very much? I have only purchased two scores from my fico. Transunion is 556 and Equifax was 544. That is with no cleanup from my BK's and my current chapter 13 is yet to be discharged. (but is coming soon) I thought if I started now, then by next spring I could get them up enough to get a mortgage on a house.

Comment

Where & How do I go to get my credit score?

Obviously this is not free as I ma just finding all this out & have never looked at one in my life.

What is the best place. NOT for credit report, but for the credit score.

Thank You!

Comment

Where & How do I go to get my credit score?

Obviously this is not free as I am just finding all this out & have never looked at one in my life.

What is the best place. NOT for credit report, but for the credit score.

Thank You
          !

Comment

LOLOL Myfico.com I got the fico standard for each report. 15.95 each

Comment

Originally posted by rrockinggramma View Post
              LOLOL Myfico.com I got the fico standard for each report. 15.95 each
              LOL!

That is still 50 bucks & I am like fuming over them charging people for that. I would not care if it was only 5.00, I would still be fuming.
              Like I have never looked at a credit report or score my whole life & now they want to charge for it

I never cared about any of that stuff until now I have to go to BK. I am going to be one hot talking customer to whoever gets me on the phone...& I am going up up UP to the top tippy top manager with this. I aint doing that online. hmmm the credit card company can pay for it & the phone call too!

Comment

Originally posted by rrockinggramma View Post
                I am purchasing my scores my myfico.com Are these scores fairly accurate?
                Yes. It is more than accurate, it is THE correct score.
                Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

At myfico.com, the price for all 3 reports and scores is $47.85. But, nobody should pay that. Google myfico discount codes and you will find at least one code for 10% off, possibly 20% or even 25%.

If you call myfico.com's customer service, they will give you a code for 10% off without any problem. 10% off is about $43; 20% is $38 and change. Not real cheap I understand, but worth it once or twice a year just to know.
                  Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
                  341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
                  US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
                  Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

MyFico 25% discount code that I used today

I used "MW01" today and got 25% off for all 3 bureau reports and credit scores. Paid a total of $38.28 for all 3.

By the way, my TransUnion FICO score at myfico, supposedly the true, valid score, was 717. Today.

And my WAMU TU "FICO" for December, posted today as well (I bought the myfico scores today on purpose, to compare), is 741. BIG difference!!! Seems the WAMU TU "FICO" is not quite accurate and at least in my case, is overstated.

Background:

Discharged from a chapter 7 no-asset on 4/30/2004. Carefully worked at cleaning up reports and rebuilding credit and qualified for a conventional $194K fixed-rate mortgage last year at 6.23%. I'm very, very happy in my condo. I live in South Florida where real estate prices have gone through the roof, but I know I got a decent deal. My 2/2 condo is not new and could use some upgrading, but for now it's my kingdom and I'm its queen!

I have a $9K WAMU Visa, with no fee. A $2,500 Crap1 Visa with no fee either. A Sears credit card with a $1,100 limit, and a BP/Amoco gas card with a $600 limit. I recently CLOSED a Crap1 $2K Visa card because they would not remove a $39 annual fee, and I'm at the point where I refuse to pay fees for credit. I realize my score may go down a few points for the closed card, but I don't care.

Anyway, MW01 works at myfico to get 25% off.

Good luck to everyone. And happy holidays! Things DO get better after BK.
                    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X