Credit Report Dispute help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Dispute help

My chapter 7 was just discharged on Jan 30, 08. Mostly everything was reported correctly except for Chase Auto and a Capital One account. I had two cap 1's, one of wich was correct and the other was still showing a balance. This was because my attorney sent bankruptcy petition to a collection agency and not to cap1. I disputed with all three agencies. Equifax and experian updated reports to zero balance, IIB. Transunion has not. Cap 1 and Chase have been verified according to transunion. What do I do now.
    My other question is Everything that was IIB (Included in bankruptcy) on equifax and transunion shows no late payments. Experian on the other hand has accounts IIB with zero balance but still shows charged off and late payments. Can this be disputed? What do I dispute that as?
    Thanks for the help

Continue to dispute that account was included in BK and should not be showing as charged off. We have had issues with Experian since our discharge and I swear they have incompetent data information people that input this information. If necessary, enclose a copy of your discharge and creditor listing showing the account was included in the BK and discharged. Note - if you had late payments on the account prior to filing, those can remain and you may not be able to get them removed.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks. But what do I do about transunion. They are reporting accounts with balances and they do not say IIB. I disputed and they said they verified the info. How is that possible? Are they lying?

Comment

Originally posted by loudrumble View Post
        Thanks. But what do I do about transunion. They are reporting accounts with balances and they do not say IIB. I disputed and they said they verified the info. How is that possible? Are they lying?

Redispute with a cover letter and attach a copy of your discharge together with your creditor matrix with the creditor highlighted.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I would only provide your bk papers to the credit bureau as a last ditch effort! First try dealing directly with the creditor and providing them with your BK discharge papers. They should fix it up right away. Call the company and ask for the the BK dept and nicely ask if you can fax over your d/c papers so they can correct your acct.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Exactly! Be VERY careful about including bk papers. I would actually black out all other creditors and just highlight the ones you want changed.....

Better yet - call the creditor and ask them to report it right!
            Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
            341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
            US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
            Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

Transunion Sucks!!!!!!!! I Got Everything Straight W/ Equifax And Experian....but Those Transunion Mf'ers......are Rediculous
              Filed BK on 10/19...
              341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
              Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

Every time they say verified, dispute them again. I had better luck sending a seperate letter on each acct by mail about a month apart. They investigated them again that way, but they would not when I sent them in together or on the internet.
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                  Every time they say verified, dispute them again. I had better luck sending a seperate letter on each acct by mail about a month apart. They investigated them again that way, but they would not when I sent them in together or on the internet.
                  I have a student loan in forbearance that TransUnion insists is 120 days past due. The two other CRAs are reporting it correctly. After two disputes, and verification (according to TU) they said they will no longer investigate it. Advised me to go directly to the creditor (which I did). The creditor says to deal with Trans Union, and Trans Union says deal with the creditor...I am <this> close to starting a Pro se small claims case against both Citibank and TransUnion...

Comment

Originally posted by Knew_it_all View Post
                    I have a student loan in forbearance that TransUnion insists is 120 days past due. The two other CRAs are reporting it correctly. After two disputes, and verification (according to TU) they said they will no longer investigate it. Advised me to go directly to the creditor (which I did). The creditor says to deal with Trans Union, and Trans Union says deal with the creditor...I am <this> close to starting a Pro se small claims case against both Citibank and TransUnion...
                    Someone else might be able to confirm for sure what I'm saying, but my understanding is that the FRCA gives you the right to dispute an item every 30 days. Sometimes they will claim you are making frivolous claims, and sometimes it helps to wait an extra 30-60 days between disputes to avoid this (as irritating as this is.) Make sure your followup disputes are mailed in (certified mail, return receipt) rather than made online. Even state that you have been told the information is verified, but you are continuing to dispute it. Provide as much detail on why you are disputing it as possible.

If you have any documentation that your loan was in forbearance for that time period, include a copy of it!

And, last, stay away from credit repair companies. Although I am sure there are some legitimate ones, the vast majority of them falsely advertise services, rip their customers off, and are operating illegally.
                    Filed: 03/31/08 341: 05/15/08 Discharge: 07/15/08
                    Do yourself a favor. Check everything I say with a bankruptcy attorney. Most attorneys will even provide a free initial consultation. In fact, it's your life, so check everything anyone says (including your attorney) for yourself!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X