top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyone you feel particulary GOOD about filing Ch. 7 against?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone you feel particulary GOOD about filing Ch. 7 against?

I must say I feel particularly good about filing against Wells Fargo and Bank of America, both of whom are total scumbag banks, in my opinion!

Bank of America is a total "fascist" type bank, and while all corporations only care about their "bottom line", BofA just seems extreme in their "F.U." style of banking, with exorbitant fees, and Nazi-like order-following customer service with NO lenience for being a good customer or anything of that sort. "Well, you paid 5 minutes late! Nothing we can do about it, we'll HAVE to increase your interest rate from 9% to 21%!" "But, it was my first and only late payment in 3 years and I have both a savings and checking account with you with a perfect record!" "THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU! You signed an agreement! Shut up and take it or we'll call in the Gestapo!"

ARGGGGHHHHH!!! I really hated those **&^%$#*@'s and I'm sooooooo glad I did not pay them back the money I owed them!

Wells Fargo is another one. Even though I banked with them for many many years, they would NOT approve me for a credit card until I had tens of thousands of $ of credit from everyone else. And even then, they gave me the worst interest rate of all. I didn't use their card for a long time, until I used up all my other ones at lower interest. They also had the highest charges for our monthly checking account, and that is why I finally changed from them... to BofA!

As soon as we did not make one payment with these banks, they immediately raised our interest rates, fees and penalties to the highest allowed by law. I guess others raised them too, but some were not as high of interest as these nor as high of late fees.

Anyway, I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think about all the extra interest and fees and crap that I never did pay to BofA and WF! If it did not hurt the economy too bad I would hope that they both go out of business asap and their CEO's and Execs do not find new jobs anytime soon; maybe have to file bankruptcy like I did!

(Other banks I do not feel good about, and even feel a twinge of guilt for having not lived up to my promise to pay; but not these!)

Do you have a bank or creditor who you really are GLAD you will never give another red cent to?
    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Our credit card we had with Chase. We also have an auto loan with them we are attempting to do a ride through. I wish this was the car we weren't keeping because I truly do not want them to have any of my money ever again.

Our short sale deficiency we had with HSBC Mortgage Services. All the way up until we closed on the sale of our home, we thought it was going to be written off. Instead, there was one sentence on the letter my DH had to sign at closing stating that we would be responsible for the deficiency. And sure enough, they began hounding us for it within a month. HELLO?!? if we had the money, we wouldn't have needed a short sale.

And yes, there are a couple of debts I feel badly about...
    Filed CH 7...12/27/2007
    341.............2/5/2008
    60 days.......4/5/2008
    Discharged...5/12/2008 Closed.........6/4/2008

Comment

Definitely BofA, Chase and Juniper....Chase I hated the worst. They were the ones that gave me a $2000 limit card after pulling and reviewing my credit and then 8 months later when I took that card, and only that card, with me on vacation I find out they'd lowered the limit to $300 because of a derogatory mark on my credit report that had been there the first time they looked at it! Juniper was one that raised my interest rate because I was due on a Sunday and paid it on Monday and they wouldn't remove the late fee or lower the interest back down after raising it to 29% for being one day late. Good riddance!!
      Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

For me, the worst was Discover. Those people refused to work with me in any way and hounded me with phone calls at home AND at work, daily, sometimes twice a day. Before I could even tell them to stop calling me at work, I got a summons from their local attorney that I was being sued. It's just as well, as this lawsuit is what finally made me realize that BK was my only option. I HATE Discover!
        BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

For me it was my Home Owners Association, of all things. They were the straw that broke the camels back when it came to me having to file. Next in line was Labcorp, who got unbelievably nasty over a bill of only $100.
          12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
          01.14.2008 341 Meeting
          03.14.2008 No Objections filed :yahoo: :clapping:
          03.27.2008 Discharge of Debtor :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Not really. Looking back over the last 2 years, I can pin point the decisions that we made that got the ball rolling in this direction. Purchasing a 175 year old home with a high debt load and no extra cash is a recipie for disaster. The rest was basically a futile attempt to stay afloat amongst the mounting issues in need of repair, and our lack of money management skills.

'But the house has character!' Meh... shove it up your rear end...

We purchased the house in June of 2006. We were on the ropes financially in April 2007 and ended up taking out 125% LTV refi in August 2007... Hind sight is 20/20. I always had the notion that BK was for deadbeats.

Knowing what I know now, we should have filed BK in April...
            Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
            341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]
            Last day for Objections 6/9/08 [X]
            Discharge AND Closed 6/23/08 [X]

Comment

My husband had a car accident a few years ago on a rainy day, and the car who hit us was being driven by someone who wasn't covered, but they lied and said it was the wife driving (who was the passenger). We didn't have insurance at the time and they tried to sue US for $12,000 in damages. No real backup since we didn't have the insurance company to fight for us. So yes - we were more than happy to tack them on the BK!

Comment

Havent filed yet but B of A raised my rates with them even though I had never been late with them. When I talked to them they were like well you have way too much debt, once you get it down give us a call and we'll work with you......So it would have to be B of A.
                pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                filed ch7 6-12
                341 7-25
                Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

I hate to say it, but it felt good that my credit union got a big fat $0 (unsecured credit card debt.) Their lawyer has been an a**hole to me, basically telling me I'm stupid. This is the guy who refused to zero out my balance on my credit report...instead showing the balance as still due and owing.

I finally got smart and sent in my discharge papers to the credit bureaus... They verified and changed my account to show $0 and 'discharged.' HA HA HA... he can bite me now!

Comment

FW: Capital One is on my List

I owed them the most money and once I realized I was going under, they were the people I worried about the most. Funny thing is, after I filed against them, I never heard from them again once it was discharged and closed. They also never posted anything on my credit report after the discharge. All the other creditors listed me as discharged, under bankruptcy and all that, but Capital One never did any of that nor did they ever send me any more letters.

Comment

For us it has to be the GM card. I am not sure who is behind this card, but they raised our rate from 14 to 31.25 because we were 2 days late in a year long period, or so they said. They were our first card, 7 years ago and had always paid on time. Actually we never had any late fees to speak of. We called and begged them to reduce the rate, even told them there was no way we could make the payments. Our balance was almost $9000 on this card. We even told them we would have to talk to an attorney, they left us no choice. They didn't care, they basically said "tough"!

We look at it this way, they opened our eyes, we couldn't live this way anymore. They pushed us right in the direction we are headed. So as angry as we were, now we figure it this way, we stopped using cards that day, and haven't used once since. So Thanks GM thanks to your nasty rude customer service, we are finally doing what we should have done long ago, we are getting out! Besides that, we took out a second mortgage and paid off all these cards once, so basically they have already gotten what we borrowed over and over again!
                      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Amex

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
                          For us it has to be the GM card. I am not sure who is behind this card, but they raised our rate from 14 to 31.25 because we were 2 days late in a year long period, or so they said. They were our first card, 7 years ago and had always paid on time. Actually we never had any late fees to speak of. We called and begged them to reduce the rate, even told them there was no way we could make the payments. Our balance was almost $9000 on this card. We even told them we would have to talk to an attorney, they left us no choice. They didn't care, they basically said "tough"!

We look at it this way, they opened our eyes, we couldn't live this way anymore. They pushed us right in the direction we are headed. So as angry as we were, now we figure it this way, we stopped using cards that day, and haven't used once since. So Thanks GM thanks to your nasty rude customer service, we are finally doing what we should have done long ago, we are getting out! Besides that, we took out a second mortgage and paid off all these cards once, so basically they have already gotten what we borrowed over and over again!
                          Interesting... I'm LOVING GM Card right now because they are the only card that left me with a line of open credit (albeit only $305!) after our bankruptcy. Actually, we had something like $5000 credit with them but had never carried a balance. Then, right when we began to see signs of things going wrong, they lowered our credit limit down to $305 - this was months before we actually missed ANY payments! I guess they have a good "predictions" dept.!

But even my credit union who I owed NOTHING to, cancelled my credit card after we filed bankruptcy. So this one is the ONLY one that we have now, and while $305 isn't going to do us much good, at least it's a real card which reports to the Credit Bureaus, so we'll take it and use it to rebuild our credit!

But I have no illusions about them (or any other credit card) being "Good". They all have strict and sometimes ridiculous policies - as you pointed out - and so you just have to take them for what they are, and that is basically blood-sucking lenders out to get whatever they can out of your bank account by any means necessary (while providing a service you can choose to use or not use, at your own risk). I see lenders as snakes in the grass. They are not dangerous per se, but CAN BE if you arouse their wrath or mistreat them or surprise them or ...?
                          <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>

Comment

My Credit Union. Banked with them for years and I started getting really nasty letters from them when I was only 30 days late....I kept paying them for awhile but still remained behind and the letters just kept coming about how I was skirting my obligations and using money that had been obtained "off the back of other credit union members".

I really was going to try and pay them off before filing until I saw how nasty they could get. Then I just said FU.

Plus, these boneheads use your social security number as your checking account number, they have for years. Isn't that, shouldn't that be, illegal?

ep
                            California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
                              My Credit Union. Banked with them for years and I started getting really nasty letters from them when I was only 30 days late....I kept paying them for awhile but still remained behind and the letters just kept coming about how I was skirting my obligations and using money that had been obtained "off the back of other credit union members".

I really was going to try and pay them off before filing until I saw how nasty they could get. Then I just said FU.

Plus, these boneheads use your social security number as your checking account number, they have for years. Isn't that, shouldn't that be, illegal?

ep
                              Your ss# as checking #? Yeah, that seems pretty dumb!

I was lucky I guess - my credit union didn't call me at all, or if they did, they didn't identify themselves and I never spoke to them. I was afraid they might even object to my having taken the full amount of my available credit 9 months previous, as a balance transfer into my checking account. But since I had paid on it for half a year I guess there wasn't much they could do.

If there was one debt I guess I feel bad about it would be that one, because it IS a credit union. But on the other hand, they never gave me as good of interest rates as other cards, and they charge way too much for their checking account and so on, so I don't feel that bad. And in any case, Stuff Happens. I didn't plan to file bk on them, after all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X