top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a had their BK and/or their foreclosure deleted from their report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HHM View Post
    My problem is not with the attempts to improve credit, it is with the hyper-focus on credit. My problem is with the mentality that your credit is the MOST important aspect of a persons financial life. That sort of thinking leads to illogical choices and usually making bad decisions. I sympathize with predicaments people find themselves on this forum, but at the same time, I cannot place all the blame on the credit card and mortgage industry. At some point, the consumer decides to spend more than what they have...and that is the ROOT problem of the credit crunch.
    Excellent comment.....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I know of a few people that have had it removed as well, and it didn't show back up. They disputed something about the BK, not that the BK wasn't theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        The primary way people deliberately attempt to get a filed bankruptcy removed from a credit report before its time is to lie to the credit agencies. They send multiple disputes to the credit agency stating "not mine" etc. so that sometimes in the paper blizzard the credit agency gets confused and accidentally deletes it.

As far as I'm concerned, it cheats all of us by taking away deserved time from legitimate disputes to deal with all these bogus ones. If you filed bankruptcy and are enjoying the fresh start it provides, you should take the consequences that come along with that fresh start too.

That's my mileage - yours may vary. If the deletion happens by accident (and that does happen sometimes), that's one thing. To deliberately try to force it is something else entirely. Only you know if you can look in the mirror and live with yourself after deliberately cheating the system solely for your own benefit.

I have to strongly disagree with this post.

I legally had mine deleted by disputing the information reported. The date filed, case number, and date discharged were all wrong on my credit report. I disputed as such, and was able to get the listing removed.

Quite frankly, in all of my research, there is NOTHING on the books that says that a bankruptcy HAS to stay on your report, just that it can. It's open for interpretation.

EDITED TO ADD: I also hold in my possession a letter from Eileen Little with TransUnion who verified that the Bankruptcy courts DO NOT verify information with the credit bureaus. They never have and never will. TransUnion hires little "informants" who go onto PACER and courthouses and dig up information to place on people's credit files. Last I checked, the credit bureaus were supposed to only be able to report information that was verified with a creditor. Since the Bankruptcy court is not a creditor, I don't even see how the reporting of a bankruptcy is legal, according to what Eileen Little has stated. She also mentioned that when a dispute comes in for verification of accounts, they willingly hand your private information, including social security number to a THIRD party to verify the information; TransUnion doesn't do it themselves. And they absolutely will not tell who does this without a court order. They claim that they don't have to.

How this is legal, I will never know.
        Last edited by tinroofrusted; 05-05-2008, 03:35 PM. Reason: ETA TU information
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X