top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a had their BK and/or their foreclosure deleted from their report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a had their BK and/or their foreclosure deleted from their report?

Just curious at how often it really happens....

Thanks!

Check out the recent thread 'Has anyone gotten a BK totally removed' which is dated 4-1-08. Someone just recently asked about that.

Comment

Originally posted by sjr1 View Post
      Just curious at how often it really happens....
      The primary way people deliberately attempt to get a filed bankruptcy removed from a credit report before its time is to lie to the credit agencies. They send multiple disputes to the credit agency stating "not mine" etc. so that sometimes in the paper blizzard the credit agency gets confused and accidentally deletes it.

As far as I'm concerned, it cheats all of us by taking away deserved time from legitimate disputes to deal with all these bogus ones. If you filed bankruptcy and are enjoying the fresh start it provides, you should take the consequences that come along with that fresh start too.

That's my mileage - yours may vary. If the deletion happens by accident (and that does happen sometimes), that's one thing. To deliberately try to force it is something else entirely. Only you know if you can look in the mirror and live with yourself after deliberately cheating the system solely for your own benefit.
      Last edited by lrprn; 04-21-2008, 10:36 AM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My husband just got his BK, and all derogatory mortgage information deleted off of his Transunion account. I only wish the other CRA's would do the same! Seems as though Transunion deleted the BK immediately. Not sure why, but I'm not asking!

Comment

i wouldn't feel comfortable even trying to do something like that....i would feel like i was being watched by the feds or someone of that nature
          Filed BK on 10/19...
          341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
          Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

Re:

@lrprn Why would you feel guilty about challenging your bankruptcy and getting it removed off of your report? Like who cares about the CRA's. They have done so much dirt and continiually do foul messed up things to people credit reports daily. I filed Chpt 7 recently and once its finally discharged trust and believe I will dispute my bk off of my report. And wouldn't think twice about it! To those who want to know. I talked to -- and -- and they not only specialize in getting negative items removed off of your report they also dispute bk successfully! Yes I know you can do it yourself but I don't have that type of time. I have 2 friends that filed for bk chp7 in different states, got their bk dispute via -- and successfully done so legally! It is not our job to give the CRA and bureaus accurate information.

@tiredofdebt1 The feds can careless about your bk dispute! LOL Seriously what can they do to you exactly?? Not a darn thing. You ahve the right to dispute anything in your credit report including bk. Bottom line the worst that will happen is that your report remains unchanged.
            Last edited by HHM; 05-03-2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't quite characterize lying to get your BK removed from your credit report as "legal" per se...but you are correct, there is little ramifications for doing so.

Comment

Note that CRA's are aware of the bombardment practices by folks trying to get rid of information on their reports and they just send out the "frivilous" letters once the information has been verified by the creditor. The reporting of the BK information from the BK Court on that particular section of the report is almost impossible to get removed so you will have a BK reported until the Public Information section and little or no information listed on the reports if one is successful in flooding the CRA's with disputes. Also, deleted information can show up again as many have found so the entire process can be fraught with problems if one is really adament about trying to get the BK off.

The problem is that a BK remains on public records forever so one cannot ever get rid of a BK in their lives. While it may not haunt them credit-wise if they get it removed, it is searchable by future or present employers during background checks.

There are also folks who are going to try to the beat the system in anything; some get lucky, some don't.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

re

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  Note that CRA's are aware of the bombardment practices by folks trying to get rid of information on their reports and they just send out the "frivilous" letters once the information has been verified by the creditor. The reporting of the BK information from the BK Court on that particular section of the report is almost impossible to get removed so you will have a BK reported until the Public Information section and little or no information listed on the reports if one is successful in flooding the CRA's with disputes. Also, deleted information can show up again as many have found so the entire process can be fraught with problems if one is really adament about trying to get the BK off.

The problem is that a BK remains on public records forever so one cannot ever get rid of a BK in their lives. While it may not haunt them credit-wise if they get it removed, it is searchable by future or present employers during background checks.

There are also folks who are going to try to the beat the system in anything; some get lucky, some don't.
                  As previously stated I personally know 2 people who have done this with no problems. One did this back in 2003 and the other 2007. BK is still removed off all 3 reports. Also, yes some employers look but it's not the end of the world as plenty of places don't. Not that serious, especially if you state your case to your new employer and your new good credut will speak for itself. It is also the law for an employer not to discriminate on you because you filed bk. If you feel these rights were violated then seek recourse immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by toohot95 View Post
                    As previously stated I personally know 2 people who have done this with no problems. One did this back in 2003 and the other 2007. BK is still removed off all 3 reports. Also, yes some employers look but it's not the end of the world as plenty of places don't. Not that serious, especially if you state your case to your new employer and your new good credut will speak for itself. It is also the law for an employer not to discriminate on you because you filed bk. If you feel these rights were violated then seek recourse immediately.
                    You are correct that it is against the law for your current employer to fire you because you filed BK during your employment. However, it is not against the law for a prospective employer not to hire you because you filed BK and many employment applications ask "Have you ever filed for bankrupty? Most financial institutions or places that require you to be bonded or if you handle cash have those policies in place and it is to protect the company from the risk of embezzlement or theft by employees. Once you give them your personal information and SS # and sign for permission for them to investigate, they don't have to hire you if they find something they are not happy with. Also, some creditors (Chase is known to do this) will not extend credit ever to anyone who has filed BK with them. While it may not appear on credit reports, it remains in creditor records. So while it may not be the end of the world, it just doesn't go away.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

What lrprn and others say about the morals and ethics of saying the bk or other public record is not theirs in order to get it removed is a matter of opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I strongly disagree with, is that these disputes somehow negatively affect the research and resolution of any and all other disputes. The CRA's get thousands and thousands of requests each day and to suggest that any one dispute affects the others in any meaningful way is, in a word, laughable.

We are all trying to better our credit here, and all negative items - including public records - can have inaccurate or misleading info included with it which is perfectly within our credit rights.

Let's understand this completely before questioning the integrity and intentions of others.
                      Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
                      341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
                      US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
                      Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

Originally posted by Boscoe View Post
                        What lrprn and others say about the morals and ethics of saying the bk or other public record is not theirs in order to get it removed is a matter of opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I strongly disagree with, is that these disputes somehow negatively affect the research and resolution of any and all other disputes. The CRA's get thousands and thousands of requests each day and to suggest that any one dispute affects the others in any meaningful way is, in a word, laughable.

We are all trying to better our credit here, and all negative items - including public records - can have inaccurate or misleading info included with it which is perfectly within our credit rights.

Let's understand this completely before questioning the integrity and intentions of others.
                        Ok, but disputing a BK as "not yours" when you DID file BK...that action is not trying to remove "inaccuracy"

But at the same time, I think most of these places that promise certain things are scams...over promise, under deliver. As Flamingo points out, most of the time, the efforts to remove a BK fail, but if they do work, they only buy you a short window of opportunity before the BK reappears. This reminds me of some knuckleheads I heard on talk radio that charge a $1000 for a seminar about improving credit...their whole deal is, apply for a business credit card and transfer as much debt as you can to that business card to get the balances out of your name. Yet, too many people walk away thinking they don't have to pay that business card. Or, how about the, purchase real estate with no out of pocket money...you know what the big secret is...use cash advances on your credit cards for the down payment and/or closing costs.

My problem is not with the attempts to improve credit, it is with the hyper-focus on credit. My problem is with the mentality that your credit is the MOST important aspect of a persons financial life. That sort of thinking leads to illogical choices and usually making bad decisions. I sympathize with predicaments people find themselves on this forum, but at the same time, I cannot place all the blame on the credit card and mortgage industry. At some point, the consumer decides to spend more than what they have...and that is the ROOT problem of the credit crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                          My problem is not with the attempts to improve credit, it is with the hyper-focus on credit. My problem is with the mentality that your credit is the MOST important aspect of a persons financial life. That sort of thinking leads to illogical choices and usually making bad decisions. I sympathize with predicaments people find themselves on this forum, but at the same time, I cannot place all the blame on the credit card and mortgage industry. At some point, the consumer decides to spend more than what they have...and that is the ROOT problem of the credit crunch.
                          Ding, ding, ding, ding....Ladies and Gents, we have a winner!

I understand and appreciate each situation that each person/family here has been through, but I also have to say that I'm amazed at the number of people who just seem so intent on "playing with fire" yet again. Is having credit important? Yes, to an extent.

It is more important to create wise financial habits so that we don't end up in a situation like this again, or better yet, to do so that we don't have to rely on credit at all. I don't know about you all, but I am looking forward to the day our mortgage and cars paid off, we no longer owe on my student loans, and never have to use someone else's money again.

While the CC companies have done their part to ensnare us all into a web of insurmountable debt, it boils down to the fact that a lot of us are living beyond our means, and don't realize just how deep we're in until it is too late. It definitely was the case with us, but we have put a plan in place so that we will never be tempted to go anywhere near that trap again.
                          Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
                          341: 2/6/08
                          Discharged: 4/11/08
                          Finally closing: ???

Comment

trustee wants your stimulus check.......? what...
                            that gets me to think now. i got my tax refund after bk discharged... so i hope they wont go after it.
                            anyways someone told me that there's some type of service that removes bad credit if you pay the fee. is that true? is that legal?

what's the deal...

Comment

hubby's removed from all the Bureaus after disputing that the date of filing was wrong. Its been over 1.5 years now, I believe. Plus he only had 4 accts that were included and only 2 of them are left in total, and only on Transunion.

He has almost perfect credit now.

So, yes it can be done, but I'm sure its not very common.
                              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X