My FICO score went up a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FICO score went up a little

I registered on myFICO.com because I needed to see my "real" credit score. Today I received an alert that my score went up to 501 because Discover reported me as IIB and the balance was $0. Man that's a relief. I have a few other items on there that might help when they change to IIB to get my score back up to at least the low 600's.

It's cool to see how soon my score increased based on that one acct. changing how it was reported and myFICO.com explained exactly why the score increased so there was no guessing.

I find the free trial VERY useful because I can set up alerts to my email when my credit score goes up and it can even generate letters and make it easy to dispute errors on my report. It even gives possible interest rates for someone with my score. I might even consider paying for this service because it rocks. (I know, this sounds like a commercial, but I'm just happy).

Sorry, I'm just feeling hopeful because my score went up. Now I don't feel like a complete deadbeat.
    Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
    Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Any time the sun peeps through the clouds is a good day, SB. Glad your sun came out today - way to go!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

its funny how at this difficult time of BK what a different a few points in your score can make....

It's only uphill from here!!!!!!
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I completely understand. I am doing the myfico thing and I got email alert that my score went up something like 74 points because 2 accounts got zeroed out and included in bankruptcy. I was so happy I thought I was going to cry. You'd thought I won the lottery!
        Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
        Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X