messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

messed up

Hello everyone , have some questions i really messed up since my bankruptcy discharged two years ago i got a new car in 2006 and i still have that on time payments i have a new house newly built in 2007 still live in it doing ok with it but i didnt do well with the three credit cards i have and i feel like my credit can never recover from it any positive suggestions of what i can do ? i know that you shouldn,t get any negative reports on your credit report after your bankruptcy or you will never get credit again ... please help what can i do!!!!
    Last edited by brownlayde; 04-26-2008, 03:06 PM. Reason: missed spelled
    Filed bankruptcy oct,7,2005
    341 meeting on nov,16,2005
    discharged on march 9, 2006
    fico scores as of march 16,2006
    transunion :405
    equifax :506
    experian: 498
    hooters card : $750.00
    aspire card: $300.00
    orchard bank : $300.00
    2006 hyundia sante fe 16,250 10%interest

Well, the good thing is you already have a car and a house. I looks like you only have 1300 in credit cards.

Tighten things up and get those cards paid off. Get into some payment plans with them. That is the only thing you can do at this point. And then time will heal.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Those three card balances only amount to $1350. Use your stimulus amount (if you get $300) to pay off one of the $300 balance card, or pay $100 to each.

Comment

The amount isn't that much, you can get that paid off in no time if you put your mind to it.

I also agree with using your stimulus check.

Comment

Sounds like your car and house payments are the problem and eating you alive. As the others suggest, use your stimulus check to cut that debt in half and quit using the charges. That is not a lot of debt but I just get the feeling you cannot afford much over your car and house payments. You don't list the amounts of those payments, just the amount financed on the car. Get yourself on a budget and stick to it.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I agree, the amount of cc debt you have is small (relatively speaking of course).
            If it were me, I think I would find a part time job to provide some extra income to help you get that cc debt paid off in full. (Assuming your current budget can't be cut enough to take care of the payments)
            Don't beat yourself up too bad. Just face the problem and take care of it.
            You are fortunate to learn from a $1300 mistake vs a $13,000 mistake. Live and learn. You'll get through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K
            You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

that credit card debt is NOTHING!

I've had mine higher since bk....and just made bigger payments & ate rice (not anymore, right?!).

Here's what you do. Lock them up. Pay down your biggest interest cards first and at least double the minium balances...you'll start to see headway in three months, hopefully.

Use cash only otherwise & just cut back. Many times we need those cards for a certain reason & hey the balance looks high, but that's certainly manageable (I hope for you).
              Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
              Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X