LEXINGTON LAW...Credit repair....SCAM SCAM...SCAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEXINGTON LAW...Credit repair....SCAM SCAM...SCAM

I took another member's many recomendations about Lexington Law. I signed up with them a few months ago.

I would suggest to anyone that is considering this firm, to first check out www.ripoffreport.com and any of the other consumer complaint web sites.

I'm just sorry I did'nt check them out properly before signing up with them.

All the best.
    Last edited by jJimmy11111; 05-10-2008, 05:25 AM.

They worked great for me! No problems. Have you had a bad experience with them? Us the ripoffreport website with a grain of salt. You can find negative comments about almost ANY company you can think of.

As far as Lexington goes, the real issue is that they aren't doing anything for you that you can't do yourself, it just depends on if you are willing to spend the time to do it or whether you want to pay them to do it.

Again, I had a very positive experience and they successfully had many entries either deleted or updated with the correct information. And just like I posted before, you really need to be committed to using them for at least a year, because the process they use is not fast....
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Hi Jimmy,

I'm surprised to hear your bad thoughts of Lexington Law Firm. They have really helped me in the past and especially after my bankruptcy filing. They got the bankruptcy listing removed completely off my Experian report in less than six months after the filing.

Cindy is right though about being committed to the process. It's not overnight. Some creditors are more stubborn than others. I get frustrated at times. But I don't have the time and muscle to deal with these Credit Bureaus. Experian refused to remove alot of the incorrect entries. But once Lexington got involed. Alot of the blemishes were deleted.

Would you mind sharing what has gone wrong in your opinion of Lexington?

Comment

There was an article recently in the newspaper about credit clean up places and how they do what they do. I was amazed...I will see if I can find the time to list some sections of the article in the "BK/Credit News" listing in here. Anyway, how a lot of these places work is that they continue to dispute, every 30 days, that the information is incorrect. The CRA's remove the information that is being disputed during that time so the credit repair agencies just keep disputing every 30 days to keep it off your reports. Unfortunately, as many find out, it eventually will come back on at a later time. The article is an eye opener as to why many people avoid credit repair places.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I just posted an article by Ilcye Glink on the Bankruptcy and Credit News Forum which will shed some light on credit repair places and scams and how they operate. This article was in the nationwide newspapers this past January.

Comment

I also have had Lexington Law for about a year now, ALL my Equifax negative items are gone, including my BK, Trans Union is a little slow and Experian is just the pits they fight EVERYTHING, but I have not had anything BAD go on with them they are always there when I seem to have a question at 5am. :-) What happened? Remember as other members posted this IS NOT an overnight thing, it takes at least 2-4 mos to start seeing anything back from the bureaus...
            Chapter7 Discharged: Jan.10,2007

Comment

I've heard bad things from many about this company.

The only person I trust to fix my reports is me.

Comment

Yep, must agree, they are a scam.

I have looked in on this forum many times and got great help and advice. All my questions were answered without me even having to register.

But I register now, to give my 0.02 cents worth on Lexington Law.

They were working fine for me, got a few things of some of the agencies. It was only when I needed to contact them that I found problems. A new collection appeared on two of the credit reports. I immediately contacted Lexington as I wanted this collection item disputed at once.

It took 5 days before they answered my numerous e-mails. I had left the country and could'nt call their toll free number from overseas, so all I could do was communicate by e-mail.

When they finally answered me, it was with a generic auto response type answer, that did'nt even come close to addressing the question I had asked.
                I was in the process of buying a new truck. My scores had dropped because of this new collection, which was some sort of thing from a verizon account that is 18 years old for $120.

Lexington, to this day, have never answered my question. The process of trying to get them to answer my e-mails properly is still going on. It is the most annoying, frustating experience. I have read the ripoff reports from the link posted by the origional poster here. I just wish I had checked Lexington out before I signed on with them. I also took the upgraded service that they offer, $100 sign on and $60 per month. Pure waste of money.

I could go on and on about my experiences with them, but I would have sore fingers. They are a total joke and as the post here says, they are in my view, a complete scam.

My view, check them out before spending money with them.

Comment

Interesting

I just tried to send the origional poster a p/m. Just curious what his experiences were.

He has been banned from this site. Interesting !!!!
                  Did he ruffle someone's feathers by complaining about Lexington. Does someone here have another agenda ?

Comment

Thing is....Lexington is not for urgent type help with getting things off. They are a service that will help you over the long term.

In the case of something that needs to be disputed immediately you would be better off doing that yourself.

I contacted them multiple times by email and also called them a few times and never had a problem.

It sucks that you are having a bad experience, but I can only speak for myself and say I was very satisfied. I also got a monthly call and email from the paralegal assigned to my case just to see if I had any questions. I had the paralegal's personal email address, so I wonder why you don't have those same things?

Where is you main office located? I am in California. I think every state has to have their own office in their state...so maybe that's the difference. However my best friend that lives in Louisiana had them for a year and bought a house when they were done....his credit improved greatly and he had no concerns.

I guess this is why this forum is great so that we can all give our experiences for other's to make informed decisions.

I also read that some people have had trouble cancelling. When I decided to cancel I emailed the paralegal and they canceled it without problems. I still get emails every now and then asking if I would like to re-join.

Hope this helps others.

Comment

Originally posted by CindyLou View Post
                      Thing is....Lexington is not for urgent type help with getting things off. They are a service that will help you over the long term.

In the case of something that needs to be disputed immediately you would be better off doing that yourself.

I contacted them multiple times by email and also called them a few times and never had a problem.

It sucks that you are having a bad experience, but I can only speak for myself and say I was very satisfied. I also got a monthly call and email from the paralegal assigned to my case just to see if I had any questions. I had the paralegal's personal email address, so I wonder why you don't have those same things?

Where is you main office located? I am in California. I think every state has to have their own office in their state...so maybe that's the difference. However my best friend that lives in Louisiana had them for a year and bought a house when they were done....his credit improved greatly and he had no concerns.

I guess this is why this forum is great so that we can all give our experiences for other's to make informed decisions.

I also read that some people have had trouble cancelling. When I decided to cancel I emailed the paralegal and they canceled it without problems. I still get emails every now and then asking if I would like to re-join.

Hope this helps others.

Sounds like you work for them.

Comment

not even close...I'm a RN.....the rest of the board knows me. I just changed my screenname. I have been a member of this board for 3 years and have over 2000 total posts. Others can vouch for the fact that I definitely not a Lexington employee

Comment

Lexington

I agree with Cindy. I've been with Lexington since the discharge. And they have cleaned up alot of negative items from my CR.

None of my items have re-appeared. Including the Bankruptcy listing that was removed from my Equifax report.

They are getting things cleaned off that I couldn't have done. Experian is a tought agency to get blemishes removed from the credit report. However Lexington has been able to break throught the barrier.

I don't work for these people either. But I think it's a great agency. Don't get involed with them if you want things removed overnight.

However I recommend if you don't have the time or patience to work directly with the credit bureaus. Let Lexington do the work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cap350z View Post
                            I agree with Cindy. I've been with Lexington since the discharge. And they have cleaned up alot of negative items from my CR.

None of my items have re-appeared. Including the Bankruptcy listing that was removed from my Equifax report.

They are getting things cleaned off that I couldn't have done. Experian is a tought agency to get blemishes removed from the credit report. However Lexington has been able to break throught the barrier.

I don't work for these people either. But I think it's a great agency. Don't get involed with them if you want things removed overnight.

However I recommend if you don't have the time or patience to work directly with the credit bureaus. Let Lexington do the work for you.

Did you read how they are able to keep those listings off your credit report? If you read the article I posted previously under the BK/Credit news section, it explains how they do it. They just keep disputing that information every 30 days to keep it off. When you stop your account with them and not pay them anymore, guess what will probably reappear on your credit reports?

Everyone is entitled to do what they want and spend money anyway they wish but if someone wants to pay hundreds of dollars a year for 7 to 10 years to keep disputing information every 30 days to keep a BK off their records, that's up to them...some creditors keep their own records if they are included in a BK filing and if they or subsidiares are ever applied to again for credit, the BK is still there in their own information.

Comment

I have not used them and have always heard bad things about credit fixing companies. However, since some have reported good experiences with Lexington, maybe it's worth it to some people. I don't think anyone would need to pay them for 7 years. The point is to pay them to get your credit record clean enough to get some credit. After that, you manage your credit wisely and then it doesn't really matter that you have a bankruptcy on your report. No?
                              <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                              FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X