Copy of Drivers License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy of Drivers License

When you write to a credit reporting agency to dispute something, do you need to send a photo copy of your drivers license? I have on the bottom of my letter my full name, date of birth and social security number. Is that enough?
    October 15, 2007 - Filed Chapter 7 :blink:
    November 27, 2007 - 341 Meeting at 10am :clapping:
    January 28, 2008 - Last Day for Objections :yahoo:
    February 6, 2008 - DISCHARGED!!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

I never sent them a copy and they never asked.

Anyone else?
    Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
    Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

No. Most of them only want you to note the file # of the report that they sent you, and your name.

Comment

I have had them send a letter back before requesting a copy of my DL before they would investigate. If you don't have a file number, then on the websites it does ask for you to send a copy upon disputing.

I don't think it would hurt to send it....
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I want to say that it was Experian that asked us for the same thing. They wanted a copy of our Govt issued ID's. I sent it in, and they processed our disputes...no problems. I think they needed to be sure that it was really us disputing because we had sent in many letters, and all were thru the mail. Not sure, but it hasnt become a problem.

Comment

We have been asked to provide a copy of our Driver's License and some other form of ID showing proof of residence (i.e., electric bill, phone bill, etc.). This was before they would initiate an investigation. It is probably to ensure against fraud and that you are actually who you say you are.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X