Continuing battle........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing battle........

For the last six months my wife and I have had on ongoing battle with Transunion for not reporting our joint car loan, and therefore not increasing our credit scores.
    The loan was obtained July 2007, but as of now is not reflected on Transunion. The creditor, a credit union, swears up/down/in/out/sideways that they are reporting to all three agencies and have been ever since we made our first monthly payment in August of last year.
    All Transunion ever replies is that it may take creditors several months to report account histories.
    When we contacted the credit union in March, they sent us a letter saying the same thing - that they have been reporting it since August of last year. We sent a copy of this letter to TU - who again replied with the same BS as before - that it can take creditors several months before THEY report to the agencies.
    Can we sue these bums, and if so on what grounds?

If all of this communication is going on over the phone, then you need to get everything in writing from your car lender and Transunion first. Then you have something to fight with.

As far as "can you sue" goes, unless you suffer significant financial damage as a result of what's happening, there's nothing to base a lawsuit on.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

this is posted in the wrong category, lrprn, please move it to the right place.
      www.BankruptcyForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by lazar View Post
        this is posted in the wrong category, lrprn, please move it to the right place.
        The thread has been moved.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

You cannot sue, but there are penalties for reporting incorrect information.
          I'd start by writing a nice letter to the car co. and asking them to respond in writing that they ARE reporting.

Once you get that, then you send copies of those (registered, certified mail) to the Credit Bureau stating that they either get their act together and report accurately as per the car co's reports, or else you will ask for them to be fined.

I'm not sure on this, I'm actually a newbie to this game, myself, but from what I've gathered, I think this is the approach I would take. The Credit Bureaus DO have to report correct info. The car co. does not - I don't think - HAVE to report your payments, but if they ARE reporting them, as they say they are, then I do believe the Credit Bureaus DO have to report what the car co. is reporting. If not they are not giving an accurate account of your credit report and that is illegal. At least that is the stance I think I would take.

But forget phone calls, get it all in writing and send them mail that they have to sign for and you get a receipt for when they do receive it.
          <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
          FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

I had the same problem and found out that I had two files at transunion.

Call them and ask to speak to the special maintenance unit about merging your acct. It solved my problem, but I was not happy to see that I had some more cleaning up to do!!!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize there were other issues like this after filing. It's not showing up for either one. That sounds like it's the car loan company then. I have no idea how to go about resolving it though. Good Luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X