No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use a Target credit card only at Target?
    Trisha

Comment

Originally posted by Tiedyedsky
      Can you use a Target credit card only at Target?
      Redcard, yes
      Target Visa you can use anywhere.
      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

HAHA! I will tell my husband. He saw that I asked that and said it was a dumb question that of course it can only be used at Target! Thanks for the info!

I also just applied for a credit card at Wal-mart and my husband was approved for $100 and I got approved for $490! Yay!
        Trisha

Comment

Choosing Aspire Visa...

Aspire Visa sent me a card and I'm going to go with them. My monthly payment will be $20.00 a month/ First premier wants me to send a processing fee for $39.00 but didnt send me the card. Contiental Mastercard sent me a card with the same program fees like Aspire and both will give me the $300 limit but Contiental wants you to pay $50.00 a month! I said no matter what everybody says about Aspire I'll go with them and only use it for emergency and as long they report then I'm fine. I have to get my credit score up! Right now it's 539. Plus i have done my research on all of these cards. So we'll see!

BK7 Filed: 10-15-05
          Discharged: 2-22-06
          Closed: 2-22-06
          EQ>587
          EX>517
          TR>607

First Premier: $200.00
          Last edited by nessa30; 09-19-2006, 06:27 AM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

Is Target red card easier to get approved?
            DISCHARGED Case CLOSED = 01/03/2006
            Credit Cards
            Washingon Mutual 3000.00
            HSBC 1600.00

Comment

My husband applied for capital one and Macy's recently
              I heard they were easy but he was denied....

So far denial on husband :
              Hooters
              Capital one
              Macy's
              Providian
              Orchard
              DISCHARGED Case CLOSED = 01/03/2006
              Credit Cards
              Washingon Mutual 3000.00
              HSBC 1600.00

Comment

To make you feel better :
                I was denied on :

Hooters.....Probably because i included a merrick bank cc with around $3000 in my chapter 7 on 8/2005 and discharged on 01/2006 .

Orchard : I applied on january before my discharge and was approved but had to mail a $39.00 check or mo which i never did.4 to 6 weeks later i call to mail in the mo and they don`t see my application.So i re-apply just to get the secured offer.Also two accounts included in the bankruptcy were store cards from seaman`s $5000 and i belive the other was pcrichard&son $4000 they both were HSBC bank as well as orchard.

Target : Denied

Sam`s club : Denied .....This one after paying at the register in a local sam`s club an paying with my wife card, she gets an offer with $400 approved for a sams/walmart card. and her credit is just like mine or a few score points under,then 10 days later i get a denial letter from sams.But i never applied for ...can that happen

My wife also got aproved from :

Hooters-----$1000
                jc penney----$150
                and sams ---$400

she have for awhile :

aspire---$300.00
                credit one bank -- $150.00

I got none

Probably that will make you feel better hehe

Comment

This is the thread with...

....the warning about getting credit cards that you previously bk'd on...and how they can possibly add the old balance onto your new card?

Anyone had any experience with this yet?
                  Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                  Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by invest1choice
                    Is Target red card easier to get approved?
                    Yes, if you apply for the target visa and are declined, you will automatically be considered for the red card which has more lenient credit requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by chicago57
                      Hi Shygal,

2) First Bankcard, First National Bank of Omaha, p.o. Box 2978, Omaha, NE 68172-9895(Family Merchants Bank (on card)
                      Stay away from FNBO!!! They're EVIL! (Personal experience)
                      Filed Pro-se: 01/18/06
                      341 meeting: 02/14/2006
                      Objection Deadline: 04/17/06
                      Discharge: 06/13/2006
                      Closed: 06/21/2006

Credit cards

06/25/06, reopened a Discover that I closed before my bk, $1500 limit
                      July 2006, Target Redcard $200 limit
                      August 2006, Hooters MC $1750 limit

Comment

I still have the Aspire card. I h ave had zero problems, down to $50 dollar fee, 2000 limit and no 6.95 pr month showing on the bill. Zerp problems, about two years i've had the card.
                        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER
                          ....the warning about getting credit cards that you previously bk'd on...and how they can possibly add the old balance onto your new card?

Anyone had any experience with this yet?
                          I was told by a BK lawyer that they can do that as long as it is disclosed in the terms & conditions. So if you apply for one and get approved for it, and it's someone you BK'd on before, make sure you read through those terms & conditions to make sure they don't slide that in on you.
                          I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, just offering advice on what I may have gone through and/or have knowledge of. Good luck!
                          341-done
                          Last date for objections: 02/21/06 - done
                          Discharged: 02/24/06
                          Case closed: 3/8/06

Comment

I qualified for the Aspire card about 2 weeks after BK was discharged. I was scared at first to get it..but I have had no problems with it. I have had it since Feb 2006.

I pay by check on the internet ((it's free)) but if you pay on a sat and your bill is due that sun it will not post til monday...I have never got a late fee though and they have never reported that I have been late. It has only happened once though.
                            BK DISCHARGED~02/2006
                            Aspire cc $400...CNAC (auto) $15,000
                            FICO score 8/06 Trans (549) Exp (538) Equi (559)
                            FICO score 9/7/06 Trans (583) Exp (564) Equi (621)

Comment

Approved for Valero (aka Diamond Shamrock), $400 CL, no annual fee.
                              Filed Ch 7: 02Jun06.......Credit after BK:
                              341: 28Jun06...............11Sep06 - Orchard Bank $300
                              Discharged: 29Aug06.....15Sep06 - Hooters MC $1000
                              Closed: 29Aug06...........18Sep06 - Cap One $300

Comment

Approved for Orchard Bank unsecured, $300.00 limit.!!! I'm satisfied. At first they wouldnt give me one. They was always referring me to the secure card. Now since my First Premier card is reporting it made a difference. I'm on my way!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X