No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just filed----orchard bank closed my account just like that, I even had a zero balance with them and paid my $35 annual fee in August.

Comment

Applied for a Hooters card and I got one in the mail with a $500 credit line. Then I read that it had a $72 annual fee and my interest rate would be 25%!!! So I called them and I closed it right away. I actually already have 2 credit cards that I got after my bk was discharged. I have capital one and orchard bank. My capital one was 0% apr for the first billing cycles, and is 8.90% now, hsbc is 14.90% apr so why the heck does hooters think I would accept there 25% apr cc?
      Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

An odd thing just happened to me.

About 8:00am this morning, I got onto Orchard's site and used their online tool that pick's out a card of theirs that you are pre-qualified for after you type in some basic info. I put in my name, address, SS#, etc. and on the next page, it told me that I qualified for their Secured Card.

I got caught up doing something else and just got back to the comptuer. I went back to their site with the intentions of getting this secured card. However, when I went through the same process, it offered me their Platinum Card. So I put my info in, complete the process and used their link to check on my application. Guess what? I got approved for a $750-limit card from them. If I'd finished the application the first time, I would have had to pay them $200 up front for their secured card.

Odd....

I wonder if its a fluke, or if it somehow the system knows you've been there and entered your info and backed out that it offers you the next better product if you go back.
        Filed: 7/31/08
        341: 9/19/08
        Report of no distribution 10/23/08
        DISCHARGED: 11/19/08 (Day 60)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Squarejaw View Post
          An odd thing just happened to me.

About 8:00am this morning, I got onto Orchard's site and used their online tool that pick's out a card of theirs that you are pre-qualified for after you type in some basic info. I put in my name, address, SS#, etc. and on the next page, it told me that I qualified for their Secured Card.

I got caught up doing something else and just got back to the comptuer. I went back to their site with the intentions of getting this secured card. However, when I went through the same process, it offered me their Platinum Card. So I put my info in, complete the process and used their link to check on my application. Guess what? I got approved for a $750-limit card from them. If I'd finished the application the first time, I would have had to pay them $200 up front for their secured card.

Odd....

I wonder if its a fluke, or if it somehow the system knows you've been there and entered your info and backed out that it offers you the next better product if you go back.
          Interesting I had a similar experience. I used the online tool to apply for a card and it said I qualified for a classic card but it needed my checking account info to pre-authorize $25.00 to make sure I had money in the bank or something and I didn't know where my checkbook was so I left it alone and it timed out. So later with checkbook in hand I tried to do the same steps and it then offered me the Platinum card as well but it just said it was in for review and that it would notify me by E-mail within 10-14 days and I have not heard anything...
          Date Filed: 8/6/08
          341 Meeting: 9/15/08
          Discharge :11/20/2008

Comment

Just went home for lunch and guess what.....I have a new card.

So here's a recap:
            • 2/5 8am: I went to the Orchard site and used their tool to match me to a pre-approved card. I was approved for their secured card with minimum $200 deposit.
            • 2/5 1pm: Something came up the first time I logged in and I had to walk away from the computer. After lunch, I log back in and enter the same info but some how in 5hrs time I went from a secured car to being approved for their Platinum card with a $750 limit.
            • 2/6: I get an email with instructions on how to check my progress. I check it and Orchard's site says that I'm approved for $750 and I will recieve my card and info shortly.
            • 2/10: The card came in the mail today.

I still think that somehow through IP address or your info you type in it makes a better offer if you close out of the process and re-try it later.
            Filed: 7/31/08
            341: 9/19/08
            Report of no distribution 10/23/08
            DISCHARGED: 11/19/08 (Day 60)

Comment

WIll my bank debit card be taken away if I file Chapter 7? TIA

Comment

No, if you are not overdrafted in your account and you bank with a neutral bank, your debit card is fine.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

4 days past discharge I received a pre-approved offer from Capital One, I also BK'd on Capital One for $12,000 and also sent a car back that was also held with Capital One but figured what the heck. I went online entered the offer info and I was approved for $1000. Already received the card and activated it. I never thought a company that I went BK on would that quickly go and give me a new card.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out something? Is everyone paying each time to get copies of credit reports? I have already gotten the yearly free report (before the bottom dropped out)
                    Just want to prepare for cleaning it up post discharge. Thanx for any info

Comment

Applied for a secured credit card online at Public Saving Bank [link removed by moderator - this forum does not recommend or endorse any financial websites - visit this one at your own risk]. This secured card is pretty new and there is $79 fees. I'm now waiting for my CC to arrive.
                      Last edited by lrprn; 04-05-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I applied for a Credit One Bank card and was approved. I am not sure the details yet, but I will update you when I find out.
                        Filing Date - 3/5/09
                        341 Meeting - 4/14/09
                        Final Creditors Objection Day - 6/13/09
                        Discharged and Closed 6/26/09

Comment

So is it a hit and miss type thing with credit card offers? Cause I got the orchard one.. but I'm waiting for a cap. one or something better.. its been about 6 months after I got discharged.. Should I just apply for cap one?
                          Discharged: 12/23/2008

Comment

Originally posted by cindywho View Post
                            I'm trying to figure out something? Is everyone paying each time to get copies of credit reports? I have already gotten the yearly free report (before the bottom dropped out)
                            Just want to prepare for cleaning it up post discharge. Thanx for any info

HAHA, I received my free copy and made some disputes. Well experian tells me I need to buy a report now in order to see the results (jerks). Needless to say I signed up for their monitoring service and I can pull my report unlimited amount of times. When I see the disputes have been resolved I will be canceling that subscription!
                            Filing Date - 3/5/09
                            341 Meeting - 4/14/09
                            Final Creditors Objection Day - 6/13/09
                            Discharged and Closed 6/26/09

Comment

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
                              4 days past discharge I received a pre-approved offer from Capital One, I also BK'd on Capital One for $12,000 and also sent a car back that was also held with Capital One but figured what the heck. I went online entered the offer info and I was approved for $1000. Already received the card and activated it. I never thought a company that I went BK on would that quickly go and give me a new card.
                              Really ?? I too, have Capitol One, and i really like them, but i included them in my bk. so is it possible to get open another account with them at a later date AFTER bk ??
                              Filed on 7-17-09
                              waiting for 341
                              341 meeting 8-21-09
                              discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

I've been discharged for about 7 months now... Should I try to apply myself without waiting for offers because I haven't gotten any other than Orchard Bank? I want to try Cap One but I had a car loan with them and put it in my BK do you think I will have any complications?

And what card would your recommend applying for? Thanks in advance!
                                Discharged: 12/23/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X