top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after dc was it before you got *GOOD* offers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after dc was it before you got *GOOD* offers?

How long after dicharge did you receive good cc offers? And what bank and credit limit/APR did they give you?
    Thanks!

Also, did you file on the company you now have a card with.

I had one with Orchard and filed on them like 100.00 but I really don't want to go back with them.

I would try Capital One, they got me approved 5 days after discharge, I think a number of members on this forum had positive experience with them, some even got approved after including the bank in their bankruptcy...
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by RBisDebtFree View Post
      I would try Capital One, they got me approved 5 days after discharge, I think a number of members on this forum had positive experience with them, some even got approved after including the bank in their bankruptcy...
      I was approved for an unsecured Cap1 CC with a $1,000 limit a month or so after my discharge. If you need a CC, definitely try Cap1 first.
      CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
      341 Meeting 4/7/2009
      Discharged 7/10/2009
      Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
        I was approved for an unsecured Cap1 CC with a $1,000 limit a month or so after my discharge. If you need a CC, definitely try Cap1 first.
        did you just apply on a website or get a offer in the mail?

Comment

The most BK friendly banks for shortly after discharge are Orchard Bank and Capital One but there is no guarantee you will be approved. Many have reported they are denied. While BK is not the end of the world it still will haunt you credit wise for as long as it is on our credit reports so don't be surprised to receive the denials.

Some creditors that are included in your BK filing will blacklist you permanently and if you apply to them will never extend you credit. Chase is one of them. Some creditors just see a BK on your credit reports and will not extend credit. There is no guarantee.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
            Some creditors that are included in your BK filing will blacklist you permanently and if you apply to them will never extend you credit. Chase is one of them. Some creditors just see a BK on your credit reports and will not extend credit. There is no guarantee.
            While I agree with the statement above, I have to add that Chase was one of the creditors on my bankruptcy petition but at the dealership, they were the only ones to approve me, though at a very high interest rate. And I have seen others have same experience with chase. So not to argue or disagree, I would like to ask: do they do it on individual basis? Are they even allowed to do this by the law? How about Equal Opportunity Lending / Housing?

Comment

While I agree with the statement above, I have to add that Chase was one of the creditors on my bankruptcy petition but at the dealership, they were the only ones to approve me, though at a very high interest rate. And I have seen others have same experience with chase. So not to argue or disagree, I would like to ask: do they do it on individual basis? Are they even allowed to do this by the law? How about Equal Opportunity Lending / Housing?
              A creditor does not have to extend credit to you if you apply. If they deny you they have to give you the reason why. If there is a BK on your credit report, that is an excellent reason for a denial. It shows you are a risk. It is not against the law for them to deny you credit if you do not meet their criteria for approval.

It has been well discussed in this forum that Chase is one of several creditors that will blacklist somone who includes them in their BK filing. Now if they digress from that as to high interest car loans I have no clue. Maybe the bailouts the banks received changed some of their lending processes for high risk loans. Many folks were concerned on here when Washington Mutual went under and was taken over by JPMorgan/Chase since they included Chase in their filings and had obtained a Washington Mutual credit card after filing. Chase is just one of the creditors that is not BK friendly.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

But how about when the bankruptcy is no longer on your credit report and you have great score, income, down payment? If you meet the criteria and have sufficient income / down, they can't legally deny you just because you are in a blacklist? I mean, is it legal for a bank to have a black list? If so, what's the point of Equal Opportunity Lending?

Can you tell me where I can find more info on which other banks blacklist their bankrupt customers?

Thanks a lot for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by texas1882 View Post
                  did you just apply on a website or get a offer in the mail?
                  I applied on their website and never received any offers through the mail prior to applying online.
                  CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
                  341 Meeting 4/7/2009
                  Discharged 7/10/2009
                  Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                    A creditor does not have to extend credit to you if you apply. If they deny you they have to give you the reason why. If there is a BK on your credit report, that is an excellent reason for a denial. It shows you are a risk. It is not against the law for them to deny you credit if you do not meet their criteria for approval.

It has been well discussed in this forum that Chase is one of several creditors that will blacklist somone who includes them in their BK filing. Now if they digress from that as to high interest car loans I have no clue. Maybe the bailouts the banks received changed some of their lending processes for high risk loans. Many folks were concerned on here when Washington Mutual went under and was taken over by JPMorgan/Chase since they included Chase in their filings and had obtained a Washington Mutual credit card after filing. Chase is just one of the creditors that is not BK friendly.
                    RE: Paragraph #2
                    I had the WAMU card which is now Chase (who I did bankrupt on, can't remember amount). Once I pay off my balance, would it be likely they close me down?
                    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

We also have Capital One. We applied on their website.
                      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

But how about when the bankruptcy is no longer on your credit report and you have great score, income, down payment? If you meet the criteria and have sufficient income / down, they can't legally deny you just because you are in a blacklist? I mean, is it legal for a bank to have a black list? If so, what's the point of Equal Opportunity Lending?

Can you tell me where I can find more info on which other banks blacklist their bankrupt customers?

Thanks a lot for the info!
                        Amex has an internal blacklist of anyone who has charged off a card with them or bked on them. They will not give you a new card unless you pay off what you owed them, even if the debt was discharged.

Citibank has an internal blacklist as well.
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          Amex has an internal blacklist of anyone who has charged off a card with them or bked on them. They will not give you a new card unless you pay off what you owed them, even if the debt was discharged.

Citibank has an internal blacklist as well.
                          How does this happen? Do they give you the chance if you inquire why you were declined. Do you send a check with your credit app and say, "just in case you were looking for this?" I somehow hear a Mr. Burns from The Simpsons in the background rubbing his hands together . . .

I'm including AmEx with a small balance. At some point in the future, I could see having an AmEx card as a helpful thing, but I could probably just as easily live without it.

Weird.

As for Citibank - Pffffft. I felt guilty about them until I remembered they jacked my up to 29% interest even though I had never been late on them or gone over credit limit. Pfffft. I can live without them.

Comment

I felt bad about bk'ing citibank... they were good to me... I had zero percent interest on balance transfers for 1 year and a 8.9% interest rate... and a 20,000 limit... lol. It really helped me out though when I moved overseas and then got laid off. I really thought after I started my new job in Denmark that I would just get it paid down...

But now, I guess I'm blacklisted for life... sucks too cause Citibank has their fingers in a lot of pots.
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I have a Chase auto loan at 4.5% and a Chase Credit Card that was previously a WAMU card with a $7500 credit limit.

And yes, I did BK Chase.

Anything is possible

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X