This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for everything!

I am done with this board. Just tired of it. Who knew that by going through what I went through and trying to help others see that going right back towards that would be so frowned upon.

I post the way I feel and I get threatened with being banned. Others call me names and they get an atta boy. Since my opinions and thoughts aren't welcomed here, I'll move on. I'll still sleep tonight. I do appreciate all of the help I recieved on this forum, and I will forever be greatful for it. I was only hoping to return the favor, but instead upset people. I wish nothing but the best for everyone, and sincerely hope things work out for all of you.

Take care everyone and keep on keeping on!
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
    I am done with this board. Just tired of it. Who knew that by going through what I went through and trying to help others see that going right back towards that would be so frowned upon.

I post the way I feel and I get threatened with being banned. Others call me names and they get an atta boy. Since my opinions and thoughts aren't welcomed here, I'll move on. I'll still sleep tonight. I do appreciate all of the help I recieved on this forum, and I will forever be greatful for it. I was only hoping to return the favor, but instead upset people. I wish nothing but the best for everyone, and sincerely hope things work out for all of you.

I am sorry you feel this way LSU. I have read you many times and you have good info. By your signature, you admit you are a bit "TO THE POINT". I have no personal knowledge of your possible banning. I do note, that at times, your opinion has been a bit 'curt' and perhaps stated in a bit of more "diplomacy", would have been less objected to.

As for myself, I have verbally lauded some epithets, about "what a dumb stit", but from where we once came, we were the dumb "stit". That is why we stay and we both, (Mrs. and I) make attempts at not stepping on feelings that may also be highly lit off with stress and worry.

I implore you to stick around. Change your sig. and be more tactful as from what I have read, you have done a pretty good overall job. How 'bout giving it a month more with this tact? We would miss you. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

LSU, I didn't know you were having issues on the board. Should you choose to stay, I think the board would be happy to have your experience and contributions.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        I am sorry you feel this way LSU. I have read you many times and you have good info. By your signature, you admit you are a bit "TO THE POINT". I have no personal knowledge of your possible banning. I do note, that at times, your opinion has been a bit 'curt' and perhaps stated in a bit of more "diplomacy", would have been less objected to.

As for myself, I have verbally lauded some epithets, about "what a dumb stit", but from where we once came, we were the dumb "stit". That is why we stay and we both, (Mrs. and I) make attempts at not stepping on feelings that may also be highly lit off with stress and worry.

I implore you to stick around. Change your sig. and be more tactful as from what I have read, you have done a pretty good overall job. How 'bout giving it a month more with this tact? We would miss you. 'Hub
        Thanks man! I appreciate your kind words. While I disagree that my signature should be an issue, I like you see the benefit of steering clear of people and their emotional issues. I took your advice. Thanks again!
        Last edited by LSUTiger32; 10-10-2010, 06:57 PM.
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Thanks man! I appreciate your kind words. While I disagree that my signature should be an issue, I like you see the benefit of steering clear of people and their emotional issues. I took your advice. Thanks again!
          Thanx my friend. We be Cajuun brothers in spirit for Naw Awleens. My second favorite city. Welcome back. Your talent is needed. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Looks like LSU changed his mind?

I like to relate credit cards with alcohol. Some people can handle it, some can't and some abuse it. Neither is bad if used in moderation but just because you're an alcoholic doesn't mean you need to chastise others for drinking.

Also, credit can help you make money. Instead of paying off my wife's car loan I contribute the money to a ROTH IRA. So far I'm up 12% over the last year and a half and of course the earning are tax free. If I didn't get the loan I wouldn't have the money to contribute so even though I'm paying 4.5% interest it's enabling me to save and earn more for retirement.

Yes I could have bought a used car but that's not what we wanted and using my above example from alcohol, I was not abusing my credit by taking on too large of a loan for my car purchase. I put down 7K on a 28K purchase and immediate plopped another 2K down with the 1st statement.

LSU, everyone wants something different and using less credit is better but I think you take to hard of a stance against some people and they get offended. Your ideas are great but don't force them on everyone else.

Logan

PS...I threatened to leave the board at one time but I'm addicted!

Comment

LOL, Logan. You as with LSU, are both good posters. How many get discharged and poof, we see no more. You and he have 6 to 8 hundred posts. That is 6 to 8 hundred advisories. If only 10% took heed to your advice, or felt uplifted, that is 60 to 80 people you have helped and it did not cost you a dime but the pure pleasure of accomplishment and enjoyment for the sake of aiding another.

We were all in this situation of fear and in some cases terror. The horrific mistakes we made would never have happened if we had found help like you two and many others give out on this place.

I too am addicted here and I too more than once had to back up apologize when I "went off" on a poster a couple times. I did this publicly as well as PM. I also faced a three day banning, and pleaded to the higher ups not to do it and I shaped up as to the rules that I broke. I don't remember the details but, I got better.

So, it is a learning process. The Trolls we come by now and again are a bit different. Once recognized as such, fair game. Most all pitch in and it is not too long before a Mod comes along and ZAP. Usually, even a Troll gets one or two warnings (as in CYA for the Mod mainly).

We who stay, are like a family in my opinion. Some PM off to the side, know names addresses and other things as "friends". This place is far from just a "chat room". It is a "Healing Place". That is my opinion. 'Hub

Comment

stay LSU - I like your boldness - and if some people get offended by it, then perhaps its because they're hearing something they need to, yet dont want to admit. Dont change who you are for the sake of others. Remember that the "written word" is harder to interpret than the spoken since there is no monotone; so while others may think you are being snarky and sarcastic - unless they step outside the box and view it from every side, they're just assuming it was meant that way.

Comment

OH NO!!!!!!!! do NOT let them win...PLEASE....you should see some of the nasty things i got said to me...who cares....WE LOVE you!! LOL!!! actually i just love your avatar...besides you posts...so don't leave.

Pandora....TELL him please....LOL!! actually some of the people you knock heads with are really some of the best....just opinionated... not necessarily correct...meaning me ok.......so...you got to let it go...please stay..you always have excellent posts and insights...i do appreciate them.
                  Last edited by tobee43; 10-11-2010, 07:23 AM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                    stay LSU - I like your boldness - and if some people get offended by it, then perhaps its because they're hearing something they need to, yet dont want to admit. Dont change who you are for the sake of others. Remember that the "written word" is harder to interpret than the spoken since there is no monotone; so while others may think you are being snarky and sarcastic - unless they step outside the box and view it from every side, they're just assuming it was meant that way.
                    Ah Pandora, that's not the issue. LSU gives great advice. More than once we "partnered" in posts to a bk'er in need. What he is saying is that he got a warning (as I have also) as someone made a complaint I assume. There is more than one way to say anything. SOMETIMES you have to emphasize a point with a hammer, sometimes with a feather. As you said, there is no "body language" in the printed word. So, that makes it just that much more "diplomatic" in an artful way. It takes practice and if you have been here for some time, and you have, you can see those "newbies" who, being recovered bk'ers starting to help, gaining confidence and experience going from "clumsy" to diplomatically nailing the point to the rhetorical wall. It's like "killing one with kindness". LOL. Politicians do it all the time, but I would NEVER call a person I liked a Politician. 'Hub

Comment

Gotcha 'Hub ;) - understand completely. Awe man, thats not cool, someone "complaining" because of someone else's opinion / advice. Sheesh....

Comment

I am the one that made the complaint against LSU. My posts were being targeted personally, and his posts regarding me were very judgmental, negative, and personal.

I make no apologies for escalating the issue. I have LSU on ignore now,(and have for sometime actually) and he has been warned by the mods, who made their own decision due to accumulated issues over time.

I would have preferred to keep my involvement private, but this thread has required me, in my opinion, to put myself out there on the table.

As with anything, there are always two sides to every issue. Ymmv.
                        Last edited by backtoschool; 10-11-2010, 07:19 AM. Reason: added info
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          I am the one that made the complaint against LSU. My posts were being targeted personally, and his posts regarding were very judgmental, negative, and personal.

I make no apologies for escalating the issue. I have LSU on ignore now, and he has been warned by the mods, who made their own decision due to accumulated issues over time.

As with anything, there are always two sides to every issue.
                          I applaud your candid honesty B2S, and as you can see by this thread, many have seen this OP's postings and in all fairness, we all have made mistakes. As stated now three times in this thread, I too have had a shot at getting suspended for an 'attitude' and mistake. You have to weigh the balance of value. Our host on this thread has a very intelligent slant on things, is not a trouble making Troll, and perhaps has some rough edges or even at that time, not feeling well. I have had more than one occasion that I just was not physically feeling well (I'm an old guy) and I read back on some of the stuff I've said before posting and think, "I believe I'm done for the night" and cancel the unposted comment as It would certainly had been bad for me and no use to the subject.

Our host has more/less admitted and agreed to make some modifications, and I think it should be dropped now and as we all know the meaning...."a new start" from here and forget the past. All in favor say "LOVE!"

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                            I applaud your candid honesty B2S, and as you can see by this thread, many have seen this OP's postings and in all fairness, we all have made mistakes. As stated now three times in this thread, I too have had a shot at getting suspended for an 'attitude' and mistake. You have to weigh the balance of value. Our host on this thread has a very intelligent slant on things, is not a trouble making Troll, and perhaps has some rough edges or even at that time, not feeling well. I have had more than one occasion that I just was not physically feeling well (I'm an old guy) and I read back on some of the stuff I've said before posting and think, "I believe I'm done for the night" and cancel the unposted comment as It would certainly had been bad for me and no use to the subject.

Our host has more/less admitted and agreed to make some modifications, and I think it should be dropped now and as we all know the meaning...."a new start" from here and forget the past. All in favor say "LOVE!"
                            I totally agree with you 'hub. Everyone deserves a second chance, and LSU and I used to get along quite well before all this anti-credit stuff started. I just wanted a compete picture in the thread for the records.
                            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                              I am the one that made the complaint against LSU. My posts were being targeted personally, and his posts regarding me were very judgmental, negative, and personal.

I make no apologies for escalating the issue. I have LSU on ignore now,(and have for sometime actually) and he has been warned by the mods, who made their own decision due to accumulated issues over time.

I would have preferred to keep my involvement private, but this thread has required me, in my opinion, to put myself out there on the table.

As with anything, there are always two sides to every issue. Ymmv.
                              you're right, there are 2 sides to every story. I dont know - I guess for me personally, I take the ignore approach as a means to an end, but each person is different and I respect can that Not everyone uses the same methods.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X