Credit Report Monitoring Websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Monitoring Websites

I would like to join one of those websites where I can monitor our credit reports. I've worked real hard on this BK and to get a fresh start and I want to make sure our credit reports are and stay correct, and to also watch for potential fraud in the future.

Can anyone suggest one that they like and how much it costs?

Thanks!
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Credit Keeper is pretty good -- I like True Credit also. They aren't too bad - under 20.00 per month. Make sure you can get an update at least once per 30 days on whichever ones your looking at. Some 3rd party monitoring services are going to once per 90 days!

Just depends on what you need/want -- they all give you about the same information, for the most part, although Credit Keeper does NOT list creditor addresses where the others do.

hth

Comment

I would not join any of these things, as they are pretty much a rip off. The only thing I do is get my free credit reports on a yearly basis to check them and I did use the FICO free trial thing on here just to see where my score is. I just don't feel a need to worship my FICO score so much that I have to know what it is on a daily basis. You can make due with checking it periodically.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Thank you for your opinion but I don't want to join just to check my FICO score. I don't think those online FICO things are very accurate anyway.

I only want to do this for short term, mainly to make sure everything reports correctly after the bk and whatever new credit we get reports correctly. Then I'll go back to the free annual ones.

We are not due for our free ones until September. I'd rather not wait that long to make sure my credit report looks ok. Plus, I know how difficult and lengthy the dispute process can be. Now, once everything looks good, then I'll probably end up canceling the membership.

I see TrueCredit is only $14.95 per month and they update every 30 days.
        Last edited by dumpinmydebt; 11-20-2010, 07:21 AM.
        I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
        Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Costco offers Identy Guard for about $10 a month. Has anyone used this? I am considering it, but would like opinions if anyone has it.

Comment

i'm with LSU on this one....personally, we were entitled to a "FREE" report from each agency once a year.......so if you call each on you can get FREE copies and for a small fee they include your "accurate" FICO score...well...let me reword that........THEIR reporting number of you FICO score.

we just decided that we will also be able to get FREE scores IF and WHEN we have to apply for credit which we will do once every six months.....upon the denial of the credit we are entitled by law to see the report again for FREE!!

i'm into as much FREE as possible!! and directly from the reporting agencies themselves...i don't want to play "telephone" with my info...i like going directly to the source..
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

If you feel the need to check it before your free ones, you can get a report for usually around $7. I don't see the point in spending $14.95 a month to do this, but if you want to.....knock yourself out!

I thought you said in another thread that you already checked them and everything is reporting correctly?
              New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
                I would not join any of these things, as they are pretty much a rip off. The only thing I do is get my free credit reports on a yearly basis to check them and I did use the FICO free trial thing on here just to see where my score is. I just don't feel a need to worship my FICO score so much that I have to know what it is on a daily basis. You can make due with checking it periodically.
                I agree. The banks are trying to program everyone that the new god is your fico score. See all the commercials. That is brainwashing. Don't succumb to the trap of "worshipping" your fico score.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  i'm with LSU on this one....personally, we were entitled to a "FREE" report from each agency once a year.......so if you call each on you can get FREE copies and for a small fee they include your "accurate" FICO score...well...let me reword that........THEIR reporting number of you FICO score.

we just decided that we will also be able to get FREE scores IF and WHEN we have to apply for credit which we will do once every six months.....upon the denial of the credit we are entitled by law to see the report again for FREE!!

i'm into as much FREE as possible!! and directly from the reporting agencies themselves...i don't want to play "telephone" with my info...i like going directly to the source..
                  Nicely put, tobee. Anything that's free is good (not really though). To put it another way, I now love this 4-letter word. It's the same thing with a credit card though, why do you have to pay a fee to carry a piece of plastic that should be free?
                  Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post

I thought you said in another thread that you already checked them and everything is reporting correctly?
                    No. You must have me mistaken for someone else.

Comment

I've never mentioned anything about things being accurate on my credit report. Actually, I have a discrepancy that I have disputed since September and as far as I know, it hasn't been corrected. Dang credit bureaus. It was the one debt I paid off. LOL!

I don't want to wait nearly a year to look at my credit report then to find out there are errors that are affecting my score. We need to start rebuilding as soon as possible as we would like to buy a house in 3-4 years. I'm only looking to have a membership until all errors are corrected. Hopefully that will only be 2 or 3 months (fingers crossed). But I think it is worth it to know that our reports are accurate.

The cheapest tri-merge I found was $30 on Experian's website.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                        I agree. The banks are trying to program everyone that the new god is your fico score. See all the commercials. That is brainwashing. Don't succumb to the trap of "worshipping" your fico score.
                        As I had stated earlier, my reasoning has nothing to do with wanting to look at my FICO score.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X