Deal of a lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal of a lifetime

Its been several months since my discharge. I have gotten a few credit card offers, but have not acted on them. One was a Capital 1 card with a $750 limit, 17.99% APR and $59 annual charge. I haven't accepted any of them. But today I got the offer of a lifetime!
    First Premier Bank offered me a $700 reserved line of credit with the low annual fee of $150 and an unbeatable APR of only - get this! 36%!
    I am tempted to return the application with completely fraudulent information about a completely made up person just to cost them some money for being such blood sucking leeches.

Whoah... definitely an offer you don't want to be passing up. ;)
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

After going through all this, what everyone needs to know after filing and discharge is that anyone who files is a credit risk - therefore, you get all the bad credit offers. What everyone needs to do is shred them, be patient and prudent and pay all utilities, bills, mortgage, etc. on time and in time the better credit offers will arrive.

Don't be surprised to get those high interest, high fee offers - they are geared to anyone who has bad credit or has filed bankruptcy. Remember, it's all public information and the informatoin is also gleaned from the credit reporting agencies by those creditors.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
        After going through all this, what everyone needs to know after filing and discharge is that anyone who files is a credit risk - therefore, you get all the bad credit offers. What everyone needs to do is shred them, be patient and prudent and pay all utilities, bills, mortgage, etc. on time and in time the better credit offers will arrive.

Don't be surprised to get those high interest, high fee offers - they are geared to anyone who has bad credit or has filed bankruptcy. Remember, it's all public information and the informatoin is also gleaned from the credit reporting agencies by those creditors.
        one would think actually the opposite...shoot the banks know you can't go bk for another 10 years!! LOL!!

i'm still a firm believer that the BEST healing for your credit going down from one's filing bk is, TIME and distance you give before applying for anything. and not just credit cards. but i know we all view this differently because each person has different life situations.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post

What's funny is I only got 2 offers ever and one was from Capital One and the other from Juniper. My Juniper APR is 8.99% no annual fee and Cap One is around 14% with no annual fee. I wonder why I never got the subprime cards?

Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
            What's funny is I only got 2 offers ever and one was from Capital One and the other from Juniper. My Juniper APR is 8.99% no annual fee and Cap One is around 14% with no annual fee. I wonder why I never got the subprime cards?

Logan
            logan..same here we never got those types of subprime offers but we think we that it was because at the time of filing we never missed a credit card payment until really the actual date of filing. so after our bk our credit scores were 690 and 685 since the cc compies didn't have time enough to report us late? that's the only reason we can think of.

we also got excellent offers, compared to some i have seen and heard on the forum, from cap one and another card...one of us with no annual fee at and 0 interest for the 1st year and then 12.99 from then on.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

What?! No offer to sweep away your first born child if a payment is more than 2 minutes late? Clearly they're still holding out. I'd wait for a sweeter deal. Maybe something that requires a donation of an arm or a leg as a secured deposit.
              OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

I got that one too... I wanted to write something obscene on it and return it. In the end it went the way of all the others... shredder.

I understand what you are saying Flaming and agree, but companies like First Premier and payday lenders are nothing short of usurious and that bothers me. They prey on the working poor or low-income and make money hand over fist. It makes me sick to be honest.
                A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by Peeps View Post
                  What?! No offer to sweep away your first born child if a payment is more than 2 minutes late? Clearly they're still holding out. I'd wait for a sweeter deal. Maybe something that requires a donation of an arm or a leg as a secured deposit.
                  too funny!! i'd wait for the offer for my second born tho...LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tman View Post
                    First Premier Bank offered me a $700 reserved line of credit with the low annual fee of $150 and an unbeatable APR of only - get this! 36%!
                    Check the fees on First Premier. I got the same offer and after looking at the fine print, it went straight to the garbage.

Comment

Just opt out of pre-screened, pre-approved offers.

10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X