No announcement yet.

Something wicked, this way comes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to follow your adventure, jb! Very interested to see how this turns out. Just curious. How did you come up with 58 negative reports? Is that the number of months they reported? Or did you actually track down and find 58 separate reporting agencies?

Comment

This was almost 3 years of reporting to various credit reporting agencies, for two mortgages on two different investment properties. Before you do the math and say 3x12x2 is 72... they didn't report it incorrectly "every" month.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        This was almost 3 years of reporting to various credit reporting agencies, for two mortgages on two different investment properties. Before you do the math and say 3x12x2 is 72... they didn't report it incorrectly "every" month.
        Can you explain that further? I'm sorry, I just do not understand, but would like to.

Thank you, Lost

Comment

Originally posted by LostItAll2 View Post
          Can you explain that further? I'm sorry, I just do not understand, but would like to.

Thank you, Lost
          Let me jump in for justbroke.

I assume he had 2 different mortgages, therefore 2 mortgage accounts. Each account was reported for 3 years. 3 years are 36 months. 36 months x 2 for the two accounts equals 72 reportings of which 58 were incorrect.

At least that's how I understand it..
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

That's exactly how it was reported. Thanks for jumping in! So basically, for each of the 58 times (and counting) that they actually REPORTED my mortgage as past due, I'm prepared to re-open my case and seek an order finding them in contempt.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

i'm a little late here....but really i just don't get what they are doing....?? my understanding, and i know someone will correct if i'm wrong, but under Federal law (US Code Title 15, §1681c) controls the behavior of credit reporting agencies. the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) under FCRA §605 (a) and (b), an account in collection will appear on a consumer's credit report for 7½ years. from what i understood, the clock starts approximately 180 days after the date of first delinquency on the account. (like you didn't know that info like the back of your own hand..LOL!!) but i'm just having a hard time understanding this.

i just can't believe how it's allowed with leaving us hold the burden here... i know credit reports are notoriously inaccurate, but this is ridiculous.

however, any account included in a bankruptcy filing will appear on a credit report as “included in bankruptcy,” IIB...,and reflect a $0 balance. It should not appear as open and past due, though previous delinquencies may remain even after a bankruptcy filing?? right?????

i though if the debts were discharged in bankruptcy, there is no reason that the accounts should not be updated to reflect an accurate status, and having these accounts correctly listed, i thought, on a credit report should reduce their negative impact on a credit score, helping the consumer rebuild their credit after the bankruptcy filing.

so, writing them and disputing didn't do any good???
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

There is no reason it should be, but they don't follow the law. They'd rather pay $1,000 per occurrence than actually report something correctly, in my opinion. There is nothing more I can do than to demand removal, wait 30 days, and then sue them under the FCRA, FDCPA, and Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Then I can add on top of that, violation of the permanent discharge injunction for a discharge debt.

I don't want money... I want them to stop reporting incorrectly!

Comment

There is no reason it should be, but they don't follow the law. They'd rather pay $1,000 per occurrence than actually report something correctly, in my opinion. There is nothing more I can do than to demand removal, wait 30 days, and then sue them under the FCRA, FDCPA, and Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Then I can add on top of that, violation of the permanent discharge injunction for a discharge debt.

I don't want money... I want them to stop reporting incorrectly!
                  i know this may sound odd, but how about one of our local congressmen or woman??? who is actually doing the reporting of this misinformation?, the banks or the agencies...only because i still would file a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency??? also i understand they really are more directly related to the banks themselves...however, being that their primary focus of the FTC is regulating interstate commerce i would also hit them up!

so, who is it that oversee's the FTC??? i'll write Elizabeth Warren a sweet letter if you want me to..
                  Last edited by tobee43; 06-19-2011, 05:39 AM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee you're quite right...except that unfortunately many of the COngressfolk receive generous donations from the banksters, and the Comptroller of the CUrrency - at least under the last admin - was in the pocket of the industry...interestingly, some of Ron Paul's ilk and that of Bernie Sander's ilk (liberatarian "right" and progressive "left") agree on curtailing the power of the banksters!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                      Tobee you're quite right...except that unfortunately many of the COngressfolk receive generous donations from the banksters, and the Comptroller of the CUrrency - at least under the last admin - was in the pocket of the industry...interestingly, some of Ron Paul's ilk and that of Bernie Sander's ilk (liberatarian "right" and progressive "left") agree on curtailing the power of the banksters!
                      unfortunate, but i know all so true.

Comment

This type of change would require running the whole lot out of Congress. I'm all for that... Vote None of the Above 2012! The $1,000 penalty is so miniscule to these junk debt buyers (JDBs) and banks, that they'd rather just pay the fines. It appears to be cheaper for them than actually doing the right thing. Perhaps, in this case, it's a small error that was overlooked, but that doesn't mean that they didn't violate the laws regarding reporting. It's my duty to "wake them up".

Comment

Same thing happens to me. I have been passed over for three FT jobs in favor of thirty-somethings. I suppose because prospective employers think I will want to retire in a few years. I don't get the courtesy of an interview in order to explain that I am planning on working at least ten more years.

Likewise, when I apply for a clerical job somewhere, and the employer sees my Master's Degree, the attitude is that "as soon as something comes along in your field, you'll be leaving us.." GRRRRR
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

This type of change would require running the whole lot out of Congress. I'm all for that... Vote None of the Above 2012! The $1,000 penalty is so miniscule to these junk debt buyers (JDBs) and banks, that they'd rather just pay the fines. It appears to be cheaper for them than actually doing the right thing. Perhaps, in this case, it's a small error that was overlooked, but that doesn't mean that they didn't violate the laws regarding reporting. It's my duty to "wake them up".
                            the aggravation is far more worthily that of mere 1k.

wish we could wipe the entire lot out of congress, however, the last time i decided to vote the opposite....the group we got in, did absolutely nothing to resolve any of the issues and actually, i believe made the situation worse.

i think there is power in numbers and unfortunately we are such an apathetic society, we tolerate everything, while in other countries, many times this would cause a coo of the government. but that really hasn't happened in this country. the closest was when we were in college protesting the war, "civil obedience" i suppose it was called. however we were heard...loud and clear. but it was really other than the civil rights movement the only time i have collectively seen people grouping together for a common goal, that actually resulted in a cause and effect outcome. oh, those were the days...LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                              Same thing happens to me. I have been passed over for three FT jobs in favor of thirty-somethings. I suppose because prospective employers think I will want to retire in a few years. I don't get the courtesy of an interview in order to explain that I am planning on working at least ten more years.

Likewise, when I apply for a clerical job somewhere, and the employer sees my Master's Degree, the attitude is that "as soon as something comes along in your field, you'll be leaving us.." GRRRRR
                              we are indeed the lost souls of this depression. that's all i know. sad.

Comment

I always loved this spat betwen both a fictional reporter and president...

Lewis Rothschild: People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

President Andrew Shepherd: Lewis, we've had Presidents who were beloved who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand 'cause they're thirsty. They drink the sand 'cause they don't know the difference.

The American President, 1995,

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X