top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove court judgements from credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove court judgements from credit report?

I filed chapter 7 before a date in court and was told by my attorney not to appear for the hearing since I filed bankruptcy. Well the attorney's office forgot to add the debt to the filing and failed to send the court a notice of intent to file bankruptcy. A summary judgement was entered since I failed to show. Once I notified my attorney, they filed the notice of intent with the court and included the debt in the bankruptcy filing.

I am about to be discharged (hopefully) however the above judgement (including amount) is on my credit report. Can I have this removed?

Once you receive your discharge, it takes several weeks to a few months after your discharge for all creditors to update your information. The best thing to do is when you receive your discharge, wait a few months and request copies of your credit reports. if it is still showing, dispute it. You may need to provide supporting documentation.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

The judgment has to be vacated by filing a motion with the court. Disputing it as "IIB" won't get it off your file.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

@iBroke I also have a judgement on my credit report that was filed prior to my chpt 7 bk filing date...to get it removed will I have to go thru my attorney who will then file a motion with the court??? Thanks in advance :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X