Wells Fargo Dispute Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo Dispute Question

I recently pulled all 3 credit reports to check for accuracy. We are almost 2 years post Ch 7 and are thinking about purchasing a home. When I checked the reports, Wells Fargo had so many wrong entries it was ridiculous. The mortgage was included in the Ch 7 and we did a short sale shortly after. Their entry on the reports show 150+ days late for almost a year post BK but it does show IIB. They also have been doing a hard inquiry every six months and under each inquiry it says, "We have permission until 2013". This wasn't the only problem w/ the reports, there are plenty of others including something that should be IIB but is showing as a charge-off. I have disputed everything but has anyone else had the inquiry issue? I, for some reason, still get privacy statements from Wells Fargo too. Will they ever just go away?

i would continue to fight the incorrect reporting.

if you included your mortgage on your bk and didn't reaffirm, one would think even though your presently going through a short sale, that any deficiency remaining on that balance would be covered under the The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act and Debt Cancellation ...so my question is why are they listing anything after your discharge and close period?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I called Wells Fargo this morning and they said that since they still had a lien on the house after the BK that they could report 150+. Our Ch 7 was filed Aug 2008, discharged Dec 2009, and our short sale was completed March 2010. The house was only on the market for 6 days. They said their records were not updated with the short sale until Sept 2010 and that they could report late and do inquiries up until that date. Is that correct or since I didn't reaffirm should the late pays only be before the filing date? They had no explanation for the recent inquiries or the privacy notices. As a matter of fact when I first called they said they had no record of the house being sold! They dug through their computer screens, I guess, and figured it out after putting me on hold forever. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingagain View Post
        I called Wells Fargo this morning and they said that since they still had a lien on the house after the BK that they could report 150+. Our Ch 7 was filed Aug 2008, discharged Dec 2009, and our short sale was completed March 2010. The house was only on the market for 6 days. They said their records were not updated with the short sale until Sept 2010 and that they could report late and do inquiries up until that date. Is that correct or since I didn't reaffirm should the late pays only be before the filing date? They had no explanation for the recent inquiries or the privacy notices. As a matter of fact when I first called they said they had no record of the house being sold! They dug through their computer screens, I guess, and figured it out after putting me on hold forever. Crazy!
        crazy!!! that's an under statement. i would contact the OCC and file a compaint.

our's is listed IIB balance zero...period. and it hasn't even gone through foreclosure as yet. so i would contact the OCC...here's the the site for you....http://occ.treas.gov/topics/dispute-...omplaints.html

good luck, i know it will work out!!!
        Last edited by tobee43; 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

According to everything I have read, reporting any late payments for periods after your filing is a violation of the automatic stay before discharge and the permanenty injunction after discharge. The fact that they have a lien against the property does not give them a right to try to collect from you personally. Reporting late payments on your credit report is considered collection activity. File disputes with all 3 credit bureaus using the links below. In your disputes, include your BK filing date, discharge date and case number.

If you have reviewed your credit report and found some data to be inaccurate, the fastest way to resolve the errors is online.

Also, contact your bankruptcy attorney. He may be interested in pursuing Wells Fargo for violation of the automatic stay/permanent injunction.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X