This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    JBL aka the sacrificial lamb for the: Who Will Give Credit After Bankruptcy Experiment, better known as WWGCABE.

i wasn't going to comment on this thread and i hear everyone asking you why you did it and so on and so forth. i have to just say that those that haven't watch or read your less than candid threads and posts before, JBL pulls no punches LOL!! (actually i think i got a few myself, and not meant to mean nor nasty, just lets call it inquisitive inquires, LOL! again!)

was this brave?..i dunno, was this purposeful?...i dunno, was it good bk science?...i dunno. but what it is, is interesting...absolutely. (personally i would never do it!)

knowing or i really don't know you, just your posts, i'm thinking you didn't feel you had much to lose anyway and it was just something you needed to know, i suppose. those hits on your report will disappear most likely before you really can get any type of "good" credit anyway
    Good points...now I don't have to do the WWGCABE because it's already been done!
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
      Good points...now I don't have to do the WWGCABE because it's already been done!
      me either wheeeeeeewwwwww!!! well someone had to take the hit right??? NOT!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
        Before bankruptcy, I had several small loans with Covington Credit, Reliable Finance and Security Finance. I paid all three through the bankruptcy and have kept small loans with them. Every time I "renew" it closes the old loan and starts a new one. My credit score with Equifax is a 661. My credit score with CreditKarma (which I know isn't accurate) is a 638. Rebuilding my credit is important because I am in upper management. My next promotion will be to a VP position. Time heals all wounds, showing a great comeback after the divorce and bankruptcy is much better than still festering at the bottom trying to explain it away.

Since bankruptcy, I've managed to get Orchard Bank Visa $320, Capital One Master Card $750 and PayPal's Credit of $500. I've managed to keep the utilization under 18% every month sometimes by robbing Peter to pay Paul but usually by not spending it if I don't have it. I run the cards up every month by using them to pay bills that I normally paid from my checking account debit card then pay them down to 10-18% before statement date. In addition, I was able to purchase a 2008 Toyota Prius with Southeast Toyota Finance approving me at a ridiculous interest rate of 15.5%

Best advice I can give the OP is to look into these small loan companies. Yes, their fees are high percentage wise but if you are borrowing a small enough amount of money it doesn't matter.
        bell, i don't know, but for me, it's just a bit concerning to incurr more debt to increase one's credit score, that's just a bit scary to me.

we have/had orchard (closed them because of small limits and they never reported to any of the reporting agencies) we got cap one...now we don't pay any fees it's up to 2500 with 15.99% ....barcley's 1500 no fees 18.99% ...paypal nix me!

we only use them for car repairs or services so that we can assure that the repairs or services are what they say or said they would be. it at least gives us an opportunity to fight the charge is something goes wrong, we found out the hard way when our debit card wouldn't allow us to fight a charge. (we have since changed banks with a debit card that we can fight a charge if need be).
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee, normally I'd agree with you. However, advancement in my career could be riding on my credit score as well as other issues. A lot of time, what you look like on paper makes the decision before you ever get a chance to physically enter the picture. In my case, I needed the car so the Prius was needed. The credit cards, I use and pay nearly off each month. The small loans are just that very, very small loans. One of them is about $100... I wind up paying back four payments of $30 so it costs me $20 every 4 months for that trade line.

Hopefully, in another 18-24 months when a certain VP retires, I'll have everything looking good. Sure, the bankruptcy will still be on there... but the truth is if the score is high enough often they don't bother to read all the detail.

Comment

Hey Bell? Did you apply with Barclay's? They seem to be BK friendly (but they do watch you like a hawk for the first 6 months after you get their card) and they offer somewhat larger credit lines. The larger limit could help your score with utilization %.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
              (but they do watch you like a hawk for the first 6 months after you get their card)
              What does this mean?
              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                Tobee, normally I'd agree with you. However, advancement in my career could be riding on my credit score as well as other issues. A lot of time, what you look like on paper makes the decision before you ever get a chance to physically enter the picture. In my case, I needed the car so the Prius was needed. The credit cards, I use and pay nearly off each month. The small loans are just that very, very small loans. One of them is about $100... I wind up paying back four payments of $30 so it costs me $20 every 4 months for that trade line.

Hopefully, in another 18-24 months when a certain VP retires, I'll have everything looking good. Sure, the bankruptcy will still be on there... but the truth is if the score is high enough often they don't bother to read all the detail.
                i know it's sad when your credit score detemines who your are!! crazy times for certain. i never really thought about a $100 loan, so i must tell you when you said small amount, i guess that is a relative term and i was thinking more lilke 5k or something. but heck, if i had the option, i agree , i would take out a small $100 any day than to run up a credit card and pay it off to get ones score up.

one of us has hit the 700's and the other now is at 685...so we are climbing back up in score, however, and unfortunately the lending institutes i'm certain wouldn't give a hoot because of bk on our report

Comment

What does this mean?
                  It means that Barclays is known for monitoring people's credit after they grant them credit. If you open accounts or get inquiries within typically 6 months of getting one of their cards, they close your account or lower the credit limit on it. It doesn't happen to everyone but it has happened to many people.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                    It means that Barclays is known for monitoring people's credit after they grant them credit. If you open accounts or get inquiries within typically 6 months of getting one of their cards, they close your account or lower the credit limit on it. It doesn't happen to everyone but it has happened to many people.
                    Thanks Amy!! I fell asleep in my recliner last night and missed this! LOL Yes, MD - this is what I meant.
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Just got rejected by LL Bean, with an interesting reason

Level of delinquency on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware is too high
                      So they are rejecting me because I defaulted on my old Barclays CC, yet I now have a new Barclays CC!

Also got rejected for J Crew (WFNNB), who gave me a credit score of 676 (before any of these hard credit pulls got put on.)

Comment

On the advice of another forum member who got approved for the CapitalOne MTV card (at only 1 month post-discharge!), I applied for that, and got promptly rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
                          On the advice of another forum member who got approved for the CapitalOne MTV card (at only 1 month post-discharge!), I applied for that, and got promptly rejected.
                          Do you think that the fact that you did an app-o-rama had something to do with some of these rejections?

Comment

Do you think that the fact that you did an app-o-rama had something to do with some of these rejections?
                            I guess there's really no way to know. I now think that the forum member was mistaken with exactly which CapitalOne CC he got.

Comment

So why does the thread where Barkleycard lowers jackbondloves limit get closed after 2 pages yet this thread lives on with 6?

Comment

Because I think people were thinking we were personally attacking the OP though the attitude of the OP encouraged the responses that he received IMO.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X