top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Do You Keep Your Paperwork After Discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have mine sitting in a folder in my filing cabinet, right next to my taxes for the last 7 years.
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      Also, courts have been known to lose files.
      Good point, Ladyinred. I think I will just go ahead and scan them now and toss the papers, and plan on keeping the scanned files.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemartini View Post
        Good point, Ladyinred. I think I will just go ahead and scan them now and toss the papers, and plan on keeping the scanned files.
        Yes, scan them into your computer (preferably a hard drive) and SHRED the paperwork, if possible. That's what I'm going to do in a few years.
        Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
        November 2010
        Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
          You were thinking, "hey, if they want to keep throwing money my way, why should I say no? Especially with all these 0% balance transfer offers..."
          at least I know I was.
          Wow, do I know that feeling! I miss being able to just "wipe way" $10K in debt by finding a new 0% balance transfer CC. (Of course, it didn't get wiped away - it just got put onto the Great Debt Stack ... but that did get wiped away in Chpater7 BK.)

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
            Wow, do I know that feeling! I miss being able to just "wipe way" $10K in debt by finding a new 0% balance transfer CC. (Of course, it didn't get wiped away - it just got put onto the Great Debt Stack ... but that did get wiped away in Chpater7 BK.)
            Yup, those were the good old days. As long as a person kept making the payments, there was a seemingly endless supply of credit card money at their disposal. How do you THINK people kept buying up all those overpriced houses, new cars, and unnecessary gadgets that made us all feel "rich" and "prosperous" even as our wages remained stagnant for years on end? Too bad the party's over, and now we are all bankrupt!

Comment

the next batch of bankrupt consumers will be even worse.banks are giving out credit lines like nothing happened

Comment

I would keep the paperwork for at least the time it reports on my credit - 7 years
                Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                The rebuilding begins

Comment

soccerguy;572243]the next batch of bankrupt consumers will be even worse.banks are giving out credit lines like nothing happened[/
                  where and who is giving out lines like nothing happened? i know people with fico scores over 800 can't even refi their never late mortgages and people with 1/2 down on homes they want to buy with perfect credit and the banks won't give them a dime???
                  Last edited by tobee43; 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    where and who is giving out lines like nothing happened? i know people with fico scores over 800 can't even refi their never late mortgages and people with 1/2 down on homes they want to buy with perfect credit and the banks won't give them a dime???
                    i am talking about credit cards not mortgages or HELOC

Comment

i have our petition scanned in, as well as the order of discharge and the seperate order of the close. i have them of course all hard copy, but it's great just to have them in the computer at our finger tips. it's a bit of work to scan it all in, and, of course BACK IT ALL UP on another CD or back up drive, just in case. i also keep a copy on line service of storage for my important docs.
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X