BOA hitting me again with a Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA hitting me again with a Co

I pulled my Eq report as I had been doing disputes on Chase and Boa. They still refuse to change my status to IIB from Chargeoff ( all these were included in my bankruptcy Jan 2009) They do show zero. My score dropped from 692 to 675. After looking closer now BOA is showing the debt as CO for april 2012, and sept 2010. Unbelieveable. THis was closed April 2006. Chase is showing 26 lates as well. I sent over new disputes , if not resolved I am considering reporting to BBB. I am not sure if it is just a stupid typo on BOA part and Chase. My TU and Esperion reports are fine. Just Equifax cannot get it right.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Your BK will not erase bad credit you had prior to you filing. So if any of these accounts were late or charged off prior to the date you filed BK, that information will remain, probably for 7 years.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Flamingo is correct, any negative entry that "pre-dates" the filing of your Bk, stays. And negative entries stay for 7 years.

Also, think about it this way, a bank is required by the Federal Reserve to Charge-Off a revolving account (e.g credit card) after 180 days of no payments collected. When a bank charges off the account, they are no longer responsible for that account, the accounts goes off their books and it is either placed with a collection agency or sold. As such, they have no further responsibility to update the credit report.

Sorry that you have been spinning your wheels.

Granted, some banks "might" update a charge off account to BK depending on the level of automation and connection, but make no mistake, they are NOT required to do so.
      Last edited by HHM; 06-11-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for response, I understand the Chargeoffs prior to the bankruptcy will stay for 7years, However, my report as of last month is now showing as a late pmt for Sept 2010 and April 2012 on this old tradeline which was included in my bkrptcy Jan 2009. The account was chargeoff Sept 2006. It should fall off next year.
        They cannot just start showing as new chargeoff this month of April. I would not even noticed it if the summary had not said you were late in last 2mos. I have not been late since the filing date.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Although the creditor can leave the negative account history even after bankruptcy, they CANNOT continue to update the status each month as "charge off" and they CANNOT show a balance due.

I have noticed on my credit report that some of the creditors update the status each month as "charge off", whereas others never updated again after charging off the debt. I had assumed that this updating of "charge off" each month was being done as a deliberate action to keep my credit rating as bad as possible, and therefore, can be considered an attempt to collect. Therefore, if the creditor does this for someone who has filed BK, and had the debt discharged, then that can be considered an illegal attempt to collect, violating the discharge injunction.

Comment

Bcohen,
            I agree, I read where a certain bank does this. But had not read of BOA doing this. I finally got thru to EQ to a person who could not speak english, so I hung up. I will wait to see what my online dispute does.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update, I got letter from BOA saying they notified all 4 cras to show correction to remve the 2 lates finally. I pulled my Eq , it is gone and my score went up 23 points. So it was effecting my score.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X