Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal question...

Hi All:

Has anyone had to change the email address attached to your PayPal account, and if so, have you had any problems due to your bankruptcy?

'Hub and I are almost four years out from our CH7 discharged, and we are having to change our email account to something other than what it was. Our local ISP has gone out of business, and is no longer servicing his clients. We had moved just about all of our web pages over to other providers, but had not yet touched the email. Yesterday, the plug was pulled on all of the web pages on this person's servers, and we know it is only a matter of time--maybe days, maybe only minutes before the email servers go.

We have had our PayPal account since about 2001...

Thanks!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

I changed my recently. I actually have both email addresses since my eBay business uses the original email address. However, I did set the new email address as the "default" and through a different provider.

I have not tried deleting the old email address.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

After my BK, I put through all of this on Paypal without any problems: new email, new physical address, new checking account, new phone number, and the deletions of the old email, address, phone number and banking info. Other than the verification for the new checking (it took about five minutes), it was completely seamless. You shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

we also changed emails with Paypal, no problem at all.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I just changed my e-mail recently with PayPal, too. There doesn't seem to be any problems.

Comment

Thank you for the responses.

I guess I am concerned because a couple of months or so ago, I applied for the 'Bill Me Later' option. We were turned down. 'Hub thinks it was because of the BK, but I tend to think it was because I wouldn't give a physical address. I am 'funny' that way....

Comment

Bill Me Later is backed be GE Money Bank or GE Consumer Retail Bank (can't remember). They always deny for Bankruptcy as far as I know.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hmmm! So basically I am dealing with two different entities then.... That's good to know.

Thanks!

Comment

One suggestion is that you use a permanent email address rather than one from your provider or employer. People never think about how many things are attached to that @adelphia.com email address. Who is Adelphia? It's pronounced Comcast now. Or @altel.com? That one is now pronounced Windstream.

I've used the same AOL address since 2000. I've changed Internet providers many times over those years. Gmail, AOL, Yahoo are all the types of addresses that you should be looking for...

Comment

We have two Hotmail accounts. Somehow, Hotmail, gmail, etc., just don't seem 'professional'. The email that is in question now, we have had since 1996. It's via a local small businessman. Service was fine up until a few months ago, when it just seems that he just didn't want to be bothered anymore. He will not respond to phone calls or certified mail. He has many unhappy customers who cannot get to their websites to retrieve their material.

Comment

I've used my AOL for over a decade but it is my personal email account. Of course, I also have my [/email] account as well. I guess I could use that if I needed something professional looking.
                      Last edited by HRx; 07-11-2012, 07:12 PM. Reason: just in case it turned out to be a real eddress.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                        Thank you for the responses.

I guess I am concerned because a couple of months or so ago, I applied for the 'Bill Me Later' option. We were turned down. 'Hub thinks it was because of the BK, but I tend to think it was because I wouldn't give a physical address. I am 'funny' that way....
                        I didn't want to, but I had to give them a physical address in order to get my PayPal debit card. Funny how these big companies all use post office boxes, but somehow we're not allowed to.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          We have two Hotmail accounts. Somehow, Hotmail, gmail, etc., just don't seem 'professional'. The email that is in question now, we have had since 1996. It's via a local small businessman. Service was fine up until a few months ago, when it just seems that he just didn't want to be bothered anymore. He will not respond to phone calls or certified mail. He has many unhappy customers who cannot get to their websites to retrieve their material.
                          really, i know many business people that use gmail??

that is a shame about your server. plus YOU are professional enough of a person, that i really don't think you email address will id you as any other way no matter what it is
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            i really don't think you email address will id you
                            Never underestimate the ability of an email address to id you, in more ways than you might imagine.
                            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                              Never underestimate the ability of an email address to id you, in more ways than you might imagine.
                              So you are saying I should close my YabbaDabbaHooters @charter.net email address?? ::sigh:::

I wonder if that email address has impacted my job hunt, too??

kidding!!
                              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X