The best way to rebuild your credit is to marry someone with good credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best way to rebuild your credit is to marry someone with good credit

I have rebuilt my credit like everyone else here but I did get married 2 years ago to a woman who has a 800+ FICO. We just got the Costco AMEX with a 25K limit and added me as an authorized user. I also have a USAA card with a 25K limit.
    I'm 5 years out of BK next month and thanks to my wife I can qualify for any credit I would want or need through her. I know this is not an option for alot of folks here but I just thought it was something useful to pass along.

Logan

Good to see you again, Logan. I think you know how we feel about CC's. Don't sell your soul to that devil again. Remember where you came from five years ago. I wish to owe no person or entity. Riding the wife's coat tail is fine but things would change back if you got a divorce (as an example). Beat temptation. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Amen hub!

Comment

Funny, I'm just picturing the Match.com ad for that.... "looking for a guy with a sense of humor, strong family values, and an 800+ credit score "
        Not seeing my dh approving tho.
        Congrats and be careful... and smart.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
          Funny, I'm just picturing the Match.com ad for that.... "looking for a guy with a sense of humor, strong family values, and an 800+ credit score "
          LOLOLOL This ^^ Totally this ^^.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

what??? i think that's a very reason request! LOL!!! too funny!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Love it made my day

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                Good to see you again, Logan. I think you know how we feel about CC's. Don't sell your soul to that devil again. Remember where you came from five years ago. I wish to owe no person or entity. Riding the wife's coat tail is fine but things would change back if you got a divorce (as an example). Beat temptation. 'Hub
                Hi Hub.
                We play the cashback game and never carry a balance. 5%target card,5% Lowe's card, 3% back on gas, 2% on dining.......well you get the picture.
                We''re debt free and will stay that way.
                Logan

Comment

I met my wife just before I went bk. I didn't tell her for two years and by that time she new me and what I had gone through in my life to end up in BK.
                  I never really thought of how my credit would be helped by her at the time.
                  Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                    I never really thought of how my credit would be helped by her at the time.
                    I am so glad to read that after reading the title of the thread! Credit rebuilding is a pretty lousy reason to get married. But, if you are going to get married anyway, I can see how it would be a big advantage.

Glad you have recovered so well after your bankruptcy!
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hehe grats! That's very awesome to see you still floating around here.

My method was just to get the BK removed from my reports.... I got it off Equifax (and it removed all the IIB accounts) and now I'm trying Trans Union. I just got an instant approval at Pentagon Federal for a 20,000 cash reward card. So, I'm pretty stoked about that.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

funny, i'm just picturing the match.com ad for that.... "looking for a guy with a sense of humor, strong family values, and an 800+ credit score "
                        not seeing my dh approving tho.
                        Congrats and be careful... And smart.
                        lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post

My method was just to get the BK removed from my reports.... I got it off Equifax (and it removed all the IIB accounts) and now I'm trying Trans Union. I just got an instant approval at Pentagon Federal for a 20,000 cash reward card. So, I'm pretty stoked about that.
                          Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post

WTG Amy!!

Any details you'd care to share about the removal?
                            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                              WTG Amy!!

Any details you'd care to share about the removal?
                              Yes I would not mind details either

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X