top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Digital Credit Union, Wells Fargo or PNC are BK friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Digital Credit Union, Wells Fargo or PNC are BK friendly?

Was anyone able to get an auto loan or credit card post BK7 from Digital Credit Union, Wells Fargo or PNC?

I will be purchasing a new car in about 6 months and would like to establish a relationship with a bank now. Weather it be a secured card or savings account. My current bank through my local supermarket only offers checking/savings.

I'll be puchasing a GM car. I see that GM has ties to Wells Fargo and Ally.
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Wells Fargo did approve me for an auto loan after my discharge (about 6 months after). I do not remember the rate. (Background: I had redeemed my car in my Chapter 7 through US Bank. The interest rate was atrocious at 19%. I refinanced 6 months after discharge.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

PNC is NOT bk friendly
      Capital One is VERY friendly
      Wells Fargo not sure

Comment

Wells Fargo--No.
        Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Got a secured card with DCU and BofA. Wells Fargo said no although I don't think it was because of my BK -- instead because I modified my home loan with them which apparently is a big black mark -go figure. I also got a secured credit card from Golden One six months after discharge and six months later refinanced my auto loan @ 2.99% interest. Only did it because my other loan was a pay and retain and was not reporting.

Comment

I have a 10k cc with DCU and 2 auto loans... I am always recommending DCU to BK people. My auto loans were refinances at 3.49%.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I have a $4000.00 CC through a local furniture store that is underwitten by Wells Fargo. Got it with 12 mos S.A.C. last January. Will be paid off in Dec to beat the $850.00 in deferred interest.
              Our home loan was transferred to WF after we closed in December '11.
              Last week I got a $2500.00 unsecured personal loan to finish my landscaping from PNC where I have done my banking since my CH7.

My experience with those lenders.
              CH 7 filed on 6/12/09:cry:
              341 Scheduled on 8/11/09:blink:
              341 Concluded @9:20 8/11/09...Now begins the waiting game.:dry:
              Discharged on 10/14/09:clapping::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                I have a 10k cc with DCU and 2 auto loans... I am always recommending DCU to BK people. My auto loans were refinances at 3.49%.
                Amy26, that's really great rate! Did you obtain the CC and auto loans after your BK? If so, how old was your BK before you obtained the CC's and auto loans?
                BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Yes after, I refer a lot of BKers to DCU as they are BK friendly and very generous. I'm not sure what their minimum time is from discharge... I didn't become a member with them till earlier this year. But I have seen people getting approved 6 months - year post discharge. I applied for a refinance on my car loan and with 1 pull the loan officer was able to refinance my second car and also told me I was preapproved for the CC. Not sure if that would be a similar experience for everyone though.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X