GE credit for mattress sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE credit for mattress sale

GE is offering interest free for one year at this mattress store. i have 3 cards that I have been paying on time for 2-1/2 years and my score is about 650-660. I am willing to put half cash and half credit. Don't want be embarrassed by a denial of credit..what are my chances of getting this credit if my BK has been almost 3 years?

There is no way anyone can tell you specifically about whether you'll be approved. There are factors which include your prior bankruptcy. Yes, some creditors see bankruptcy and do an instant denial. GE Retail Credit seems to be bankruptcy friendly.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

GE won't lend to people with a BK. Just read their fine print.

On second thought I maybe confusing them with GMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        GE won't lend to people with a BK. Just read their fine print.

On second thought I maybe confusing them with GMAC.
        Yep, GMAC is different from GE Capital Retail Bank (GECRB).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Can you apply online? I know how you feel about being denied in person.

Comment

I thought GE Bank was unfriendly. Or maybe I just crossed them off my own list since I discharged their asses.
            Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
            Discharged: August 2010
            A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
              I thought GE Bank was unfriendly. Or maybe I just crossed them off my own list since I discharged their asses.
              it depends .
              some of their retail cards are bk friendly some are not

Comment

I was able to get a GE care credit card about 2 yrs out from my bkrptcy. But I got denied walmart ge card.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

The Care Card is a very difficult card to obtain. So, it could be a matter of which credit bureau was pulled and what was in that particular credit bureau. For example, my TransUnion does not have my bankruptcy!

Comment

I applied online for care credit and they approved me for 1000. My 3 credit reports pretty much show all the same. I did ask for increase in August last year b4 dental work, they denied me. But i still had credit line so I used the 1000 available. I had paid off the previous 1000 the year before. The dental clerk told me, It is very hard to get a credit line increase with Carecredit. so I guess I got lucky getting any credit line.
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Yes, consider yourself very lucky for Care Credit!

Comment

Go to a closeout store, get you a very nice mattress set for $400-500 and pay cash. Seriously, financing a mattress? This is how most people wound up on this site. You already have things rebuilding your credit.
                        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
                          Go to a closeout store, get you a very nice mattress set for $400-500 and pay cash.
                          That's how we got our mattress. $500 for a mattress set that retailed for $1200.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
                            Go to a closeout store, get you a very nice mattress set for $400-500 and pay cash. Seriously, financing a mattress? This is how most people wound up on this site. You already have things rebuilding your credit.
                            Yeah, I kinda agree.... financing a mattress, computers, TVs... all things that would seem financing is unnecessary.
                            Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                            Discharged: August 2010
                            A life lesson well learned.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X