Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd CC?

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a while. I've been discharged - chapter 7 for 3 years now and recently found out my credit score is 740 when I purchased a new car (which was successful). I only have one credit card - Cap One. I had this card about for about 2 years now.

What other cards can I apply for and be approved so I can continue to build my credit. I've been using Cap One to make small purchases like gas and groceries but paid off apache month. Mainly keeping it for emergencies.

I would really like a 2nd card. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Barclays is BK friendly. I suspect you have lots of options given your good score and the fact that you are 3 years out of BK.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      Barclays is BK friendly. I suspect you have lots of options given your good score and the fact that you are 3 years out of BK.
      Thanks for the suggestion!

Haha....I wish I have a lot options! I'm not sure which cards would approve me so I didn't want to apply and get denied. That's why I decided to get back on this forum and ask. Hopefully I do end up with a ton of options!

Comment

If you are with or can get membership with Navy Federal Credit Union, you would have the one card to rule them all.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          If you are with or can get membership with Navy Federal Credit Union, you would have the one card to rule them all.
          Thanks! But I'm not in the navy so I don't think I can get membership with them?

Comment

Originally posted by lilacs80 View Post
            Thanks! But I'm not in the navy so I don't think I can get membership with them?
            It's any Military branch or Department of Defense (civilian), or any family member can be your sponsor. if not, then try to find a good local credit union. Credit unions tend to be more friendly.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X