How long b4 ch13 is off the cr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long b4 ch13 is off the cr?

If this has been thoroughly answered elsewhere, my apologies. I completed a 5yr 100% ch13 with discharge in Oct. 2012. Filing date was Aug 2007. The last time I checked my scores, they were pretty good, but the BK was still showing. I read that the BK will come off the reports 7 yrs after filing for ch13. Can anybody confirm that?

Many thanks in advance!

Bkforum members have reported that thier Chap 13s were removed from their credit reports 7 years after the filing date. I have read it elsewhere as well.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Dispute it. They should remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
        Dispute it. They should remove it.
        They might - but they don't have to.

As Lady stated, CH13s stay on file for 7 years after filing - so it should fall off around August.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I think they may stay on for 10 years, but if you change address a few times and all of the IIB credit accounts fall off, then I'd say you have a good chance of a dispute of the BK itself being successful. I'm not sure if they have a way to link them via DOB or SSN. In my first BK ('97) I managed to dispute the BK entry off in about 3-4 years but those were simpler times :-)
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

One of the Credit Bureaus, I forget which one, takes it off after 7 years. The others take it off after ten years. Of course, the court electronic records keep a record forever. Trying challenge a bankruptcy in the days of electronic data is a waste of time. All the CRA has to do is access the computers with the records to verify it. A couple of decades ago if you challenged a BK on your CRA they had physically verify the BK in the court records.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X