credit repair program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit repair program?

is it worth paying for the credit repair program? my lawyer is telling me to consider it. Its $800 upfront and $97 each month until im satisfied. Is this worth it?

IMO, no. There is nothing a credit repair program can do for you that you can't do yourself. Do some more research.

Comment

Sounds like a waste of money to me. I love how you continue to pay a monthly fee until you are satisfied. Not much incentive to satisfy you.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Is it worth paying for a "credit repair" program? Sure it's worth it...for the attorney, who is no doubt receiving huge spiffs and commissions from whatever company is offering the service!

I suppose the question you are asking is if it's worth it TO YOU, and the answer would of course be no. There is nothing a "credit repair" company can do which you cannot do on your own for a fraction of the cost. In fact, other than requesting copies of your credit reports and attempting to dispute negative entries (which you can and should do yourself), there is NOTHING AT ALL which a "credit repair" company can do to help you!

Aside from attempting to dispute negative entries off of your credit reports, there are only two things which will result in your scores improving: time and new positive accounts. Personally, I have chosen to do nothing other than dispute a couple JDB accounts on the grounds that they illegally reported ongoing charge-off status from the month I filed until (and including) the month I was discharged. One was deleted from all of my credit reports; the other was deleted from 2 out of 3 bureaus. I keep receiving offers from credit card companies--Capital One is offering a no-fee Visa and MasterCard, and another company called Credit One is offering a MasterCard with a $90 annual fee. I just keep shredding them.

By doing nothing and watching the negative entries age, my credit scores have crept up, slowly but surely.

Comment

No. Period.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

No no no no no no no no.

My lawyer tried to cajole me into their credit repair program as well. I just smiled and said I won't think about that until after my case is discharged. Obviously, I had no intent of enrolling.

It's a service whose only value is getting money out of your pocket and into someone else's. They will do nothing that you can't do, and they will do it worse than you can do it.

Do not use a credit repair organization EVER, not even if they're also your awesome BK attorney. NEVER.
            Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I would not pay for it. I have some accounts that even years after my BK are still showing on Credit report as in collections. So I went to Amazon and got the Hidden Credit Repair secrests book by Mark Clayborne and started fighting these accounts. So far it is working well. Lots of great info in there that you can do yourself

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X