Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment Books

Per a search - I haven't seen anyone post about this - so here I go:

Entertainment Books are coupon books that you buy in order to get discounts. Although, buying coupons may seem odd to some - the savings are immeasurable.

The books can be found at entertainment.com and you buy them for your specific area. In this way, the discounts are local to you. There are some discounts that can be used nationwide and hotel and car rental discounts, too.

I just looked on the site and they're going for $9.99 each right now. Keep in mind that they're only good from November through to the next November. Also, please note the locations where the coupons in the book can be used before you go.

No, I don't work for them and I'm not getting any kickback. (I wish!)

Anyway, I hope someone out there can use this info. We get one every year - the price drops from $30+ to the $9.99 and then we go for it! You can recoup the cost of the book in one use literally and then save hundreds of dollars at grocery stores, eating out, car washes, etc., etc.

It has coupons for buy-one-get-one (BOGO) free dinners as well as a card that you activate online. The card is used at upscale restaurants for BOGO dinners. Sometimes, if you dine alone, a discount is offered for that as well. They have offers that you can print from online, too.

If you live in NJ - or in some other places - several books may cover your surrounding areas (like we have to pick South Jersey instead of Central Jersey or otherwise) - so please choose carefully!

Be well,
    Mrs. H.
    Last edited by Mrs. H; 07-12-2007, 05:24 AM. Reason: I'm a perfectionist.
    March 2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    May 2008 - Confirmed
    May 2013 - Discharged / June 2013 - CLOSED

Each year our local school systems offer "coupon books" for discounts at local merchants...... proceeds help sponsor school activities....

Excellent coupon books, for food (pizza, burgers, fish - good restraunts), oil changes, 10% discounts on lots of things, clothing, etc and lots of buy one get one free food......

Well worth the investment......saves us a bundle on lunch in our office when we order out.....

I buy one every year and use the daylights out of it........ saves me a lot of cash eating out.....

The cost - $10.00 for one book....... well worth it....................
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
      Each year our local school systems offer "coupon books" for discounts at local merchants...... proceeds help sponsor school activities....

Excellent coupon books, for food (pizza, burgers, fish - good restraunts), oil changes, 10% discounts on lots of things, clothing, etc and lots of buy one get one free food......

Well worth the investment......saves us a bundle on lunch in our office when we order out.....

I buy one every year and use the daylights out of it........ saves me a lot of cash eating out.....

The cost - $10.00 for one book....... well worth it....................
      Our local schools used to be big on "Spirit Cards". Same principle. as the coupon books. Just present the card and get whatever was offered. Like Churches Fried chicken offered a free medium drink with a certain dinner box purchase, the tuxedo rental place gave a $5.00 discount on tux rental, etc. We used to buy them every year just because our favorite chinese place offered a 10% discount on each purchase when you show the card. Only took like 3 visits to pay back the cost of the card. Haven't seen any in the past few years, but my coworkers all have kids grown up now.
      Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
      Plan approved- 7/11/05
      Date discharged--10-12-2007
      Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Yep, on the "spirit card"...... I have one of those too thru our school system.... LOVE EM......

Some of the best eating places, Subway, Sonic, Pizza Hut, Arbys, Captain D's, etc all offer freebies, or buy one get one free with it.....

We use it a lot also, not much on it that I don't use.....

Why pay full price when two can eat the same price as one!!!

Works out well for all of us.............
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

We love these entertainment books too! Luckily our neighborhood still has a fair number of kids selling them every year.

We tear out the coupons we know we will use, then donate the rest to our local Ronald McDonald House. They love getting the coupons for the parents of sick kids staying there who are often on very tight budgets!
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My best friend has used them for years. I have my first one this year. Love it.

Comment

My 2009 book has already paid for itself and the year has not started yet
              *Filed Chp 7 BK 8/8/07
              *Last day to Objection 2/8/08
              *DISCHARGED 3/13/08
              Have been living on income only since 03/03/07 and lovin' it

Comment

Originally posted by WharffRat View Post
                My 2009 book has already paid for itself and the year has not started yet
                Same here!!

I did a total OCD thing, my friends tease me.... LOL.. but I will share it with you.

I taped a piece of paper on the inside cover of my entertainment book. I write down the date, the place, and how much I saved everytime I use an entertainment coupon

It paid for itself in 2 weeks (my 2009 book). I was able to buy it for $20 at my credit union. ALSO if you register online with entertainment, you can print out extra coupons if you've used the ones in your book already!! Not all places participate with the online extra coupons, but some do. Check it out.

Oh, me and my co-worker do a trade off. I trade her some restaurant coupons and in exchange I give her my oil change and car maintenance ones ( I do all of my own car maint.). Its a win-win.
                Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
                Discharged 4-17-09!!!
                Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
                "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

What a friend of mine discovered is that a lot of these services (or other places you may frequent with your business) also provide the same coupon or discount online on their website. Look them up online and see if they have a "coupon" section - you'd be surprised at what you can find.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I found that with the Entertainment book it was easier to go out when otherwise I would have stayed in, easier to order an appetizer if, say, one meal was going to be free, etc. etc. In the long run, I probably didn't save any money, mostly because it was tempting to go out and "save" instead of staying in and cooking.

Tehre are a couple of coupons I use every year, though - to the local amusement park. I found that by posting a "wish" on our local freecycle board, many generous souls are more than willing to mail me those coupons because they don't use them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X