Sallie Mae update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sallie Mae update

So I was trying to get a settlement from Sallie Mae after BK but that wasn't possible as the loan was transferred after my chapter 7 discharge. In any case Allied Interstate called wanting their money. I said sure just send me a settlement letter. They said it was sent 30 days ago to my Texas address. Well I don't live there so I tell them this and they said well your new address is in the system but I had spoke with someone else on their end to update with the new address duh! They keep saying they sent the letter and they can only send one every 30 days, something about being against the law. It was a settlement for 6700 from 11k. They wanted my bank info so they can take the money out but of course I don't have that much cash and even if I did I wanted a letter first. I wanted to wire the money instead. Wasn't born yesterday. They of course don't want to send me an offer since they sent one already, blah blah.

Long store short they won't send me an off letter again unless I agree to give them my bank info and a date when the funds will be available. In any case looks like I'm not gonna get anywhere any time soon as they are clueless. They must be trying to get the full loan balance.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Oh yeah, they are gonna rob you blind if they get that bank information. I would go put $1 in a new checking account and give them that. That ought to piss them off!
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
      Oh yeah, they are gonna rob you blind if they get that bank information. I would go put $1 in a new checking account and give them that. That ought to piss them off!
      Greetings LSU, good to see you again. I second what 'LSUtiger' says. Can you trust a bank that Barney Frank caused the systems failure and believe they would not take your 6700, then bill you for the difference. You don't have to pay them anything. Aren't you discharged? It is their loss and next contact, tell them. You know, I've always believed "half of something is always better than all of nothing". Give them all of nothing for their greed. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

They must be pure idiots. They really think you are just going to give away your bank account information that easy? I mean, come on! Document everything you tell them. What fools.
        I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
        Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Originally posted by dumpinmydebt View Post
          They must be pure idiots. They really think you are just going to give away your bank account information that easy? I mean, come on! Document everything you tell them. What fools.
          Yes and I live in Nigeria, and have $10,000,000.00 I need to get out of the Country. Would you send me $6,700.00 to mail you half? LOL.

I believe our host is a LOT smarter than that and the BANK. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            Yes and I live in Nigeria, and have $10,000,000.00 I need to get out of the Country. Would you send me $6,700.00 to mail you half? LOL.

I believe our host is a LOT smarter than that and the BANK. 'Hub
            LMAO! I love those emails from the Nigerian people. Cracks me up.
            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Well I got them to send me a settlement letter. It does say it will satisfy the debt in question (salliemae) although the due date is today, morons. For some reason they reduced it even less to 6800. If anyone is a lawyer maybe look it over for me? I might have to find one locally. Would they be contract lawyers or??
              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X