top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nevada 341 Meeting Experience (Telephonic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevada 341 Meeting Experience (Telephonic)

Just wanted to share my experience to add to the data, as this was the thing I was most nervous about.

Filed on May 29.

Telephonic 341 on June 22.

Called the number 10 minutes before my time, put in my code, and was dropped into the meeting room immediately. I hit mute and put it on speaker to wait my turn. I was happy to hear some cases before mine. My trustee had a lot of cases that required a translator so he was running about 30 minutes behind. They were front loading the ones that needed translators. My attorney was the only one scheduled for my block of time, so things moved pretty smoothly without a lot of extra introductions.

Questions asked:
    Verify name
    Ask attorney if the person on the phone is their client and if he verified ID's.
    A lot of the same questions from the questionaire, then asking the debtor if they answered those forms honestly and if they have knowledge of everything in the document.
    Anything creditors or debtors that you need to add?
    Are you working? Where?
    Does anyone owe you money?
    Did you pay anyone back any money?

Some of the off-script questions asked to folks:
    You answered this on the form but you just told me something different when I asked, which is correct?
    You sold a business, how much did you net after fees, taxes, and expenses?
    A few address verifications when ID didn't match forms, folks had just moved and not updated ID yet.

The only off-script question I got was because I noted that I had given away or sold valuables in the past year (or two years, whatever the question was). I had them listed in my paperwork, but let him know I sold some video games and a firearm last year. He said "like craigslist?" I said "yes, online sales".

Asked if i have any questions and that was that. Total time on the phone was 1 hour 9 minutes due to calling 10 minutes early then being the last called of a group that started 30 minutes late. My actual talking time was around 3 minutes. Listened to a dozen other cases and the vibe was light and friendly. Nobody was grilled or accused of anything. Not a single creditor was on the call for anyone. It's been said a million times, but as long as all of your stuff is in order and you answered honestly, the MOC is nothing to stress over.

Now I wait.

Congratulations, welcome to Club Sixty.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Sounds like your call went well. The information you shared will be helpful to others. Congratulations and good luck going forward.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Sounds a lot like my experience in May.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X