Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Done!

We had our 341 today and it took maybe 6 minutes - I'm not sure since I didn't have my watch on and had to leave my cell phone with security. I was nervous because I didn't have my original Social Security card and I haven't received my replacement - but I did have my SSNAP Printout from the Social Security office as well as my W-2 (which was printed from ADP's website so it looks like this is okay if you're in my situation). We were sworn in, ID and SSN verified, and he went over about 20 yes or no questions.

We were fourth but ended up being first because the first two parties just didn't show up and the third withdrew their petition. We were asked about income, if we understood what we were filing, etc. - he also asked about the Timeshare that we listed to surrender but only asked if it was upside down - asking us to clarify that we owed more than it's worth - which yes - points are extremely upside down.

I'm not sure if all Trustees do this but our Trustees office goes over their objections right after the questioning so that we know what else we need to provide to them and also reminded us that anything that needed to be cured had to be in before our confirmation hearing. I wasn't expecting them to go over their objections in the 341 but I'm glad they did. All of the items were minor - they needed my wife's paystubs (which she provided but may not have made it into the file yet), the last digit in the payoff year for my vehicle had been cut off, and initially he said that they needed our taxes which we'd already sent to our attorney but then he pulled up his e-mail on his computer and saw that he had them. There was only 1 or 2 questions regarding a 401k distribution since my wife changed jobs and he just verified our dependents. There was no objection to the payment amount.

It seemed like - and I hope - he was pleased that we were ready and had our ducks in a row. I hope that there are no surprises from anyone and that everything else goes smooth. We are so glad this step is behind us and ready to move on! Fingers crossed!

Sounds like it went smoothly. The details that have to be worked out sound like technical things, just to verify.

Just an FYI for others who have 341 meetings. Our attorney had me bring a copy of everything with me just in case. We didn't need it, but I had a folder with all the paystubs, the income taxes, the insurance policy info, the last 30 days of the bank account statements, etc. I still have that package packed away with my official paperwork from the BK. I didn't realize it at the time, but I basically had a back up of everything that we gave the attorney. It was easy to get together since I kept all the originals together when I copied them for the attorney so I copied them another time.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X