Chap 13 341 - Easy as Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 13 341 - Easy as Pie

I had my 341 this morning. The funny thing is that I wasn't at all nervous until I got off the elevator on the floor where the hearing room is. Then my stomach turned to butterflies. I was 40 minutes early. So, by the time the group of debtors in my time slot where called into the hearing room, the butterflies were gone. I just felt hungry!

I thought for sure the trustee would ask about my unemployed non-filing husband or the high medical expenses. I was ready with answers, but, after swearing me in she just asked the same questions she asked the 4 or 5 people before me:

1. Do you live at ___________?
    2. Are you still employed by _____________?
    3. Have you filed your last 5 years income tax returns?
    4. Do you owe any taxes to the IRS or Franchise Tax Board?
    5. Have you been making your mortgage payments?
    6. Are your car and house insured?
    7. Have you cut up all of your credit cards?
    8. Did you read and sign all documents before they were filed with the court and are they accurate to the best of your knowledge?
    9. Your plan payment is $_____. Do you think you can make that payment?

I think that covers all the questions. She then asked my attorney when he would submit the order for my lien strip. The deadline to object to the petition was late last week. He said he would submit the order today. She chastised him for ruining the good record by keeping her first page of debtors from being marked as recommended for confirmation. She then said she'd recommend confirmation pending filing of the order. It took less than 5 minutes.

She gave every debtor a sheet of labels with our name and case number to stick on money orders we send her. I like that! I'll put them with my 60 - I mean 58 - pre-addressed and stamped envelopes.

If you are worried about your 341, don't be! There's nothing to it!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Chapter 13 341 Meetings are not like Chapter 7 341 Meetings. Since you may actually pay the creditors back some dividend, the Chapter 13 Trustee is much nicer than the Chapter 7 Panel Trustee.

The Chapter 13 Trustee makes no money unless you're successful. They will do everything to make sure you are on plan.

Now all you need to do is budget, save and make your payments on time.

Congratulations.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well, don't be surprised if you see an objection within the next 10 days. It is, after all, their job to object to something.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        Well, don't be surprised if you see an objection within the next 10 days. It is, after all, their job to object to something.
        You sure know how to rain on somebody's parade!

Don't worry, I'm not counting any chickens (okay, enough metaphors). I know anything can happen. But, until I know otherwise I'm going to stay positive and believe she meant it when she said she'd recommend confirmation. The motion for default judgment and proposed order showed up in Pacer by 3:00 today. Now, I just need to resist obsessively checking Pacer for new developments.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X