Pink hair and nose ring at 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink hair and nose ring at 341 meeting?

Hi everyone! I live in Phoenix and filed for chapter 13 today. My 341 meeting is in 4-6 weeks. I have pink hair and a nose ring. Should I dye my hair brown and take out the nose ring just for the meeting? The nose ring is no big deal, but it will kill me if I have to let go of my pink hair. Please let me know your thoughts based on your experience. Thanks so much!

I dont think I would worry about it. We were told to just dress business casual. Some people at our 341 looked like they had just rolled out of bed hehe. Good luck!

Comment

it really shouldn't matter, but why draw attention to yourself?

If you love your hair, wear a wig and take off the nose ring. the less distraction the better. I was told not even to wear a watch or any jewelry.

Comment

I am in Phoenix. The 341 for our Chapter 7 was casual. I wouldn't worry about it. You might want to go ahead and take the nose ring out but I wouldn't change your hair for this meeting.

Comment

When we were at one of our 341 hearings, there was a biker in his club colors there... I don't think there is anything to worry about unless you are wearing a diamond stud in your nose

Comment

Thanks for all the input. My nose ring is very small. We were told not to wear anything "flashy." Not that I have anything flashy, LOL.

Comment

Dress as if you were going into work for the day in an office. Business casual always works. That eliminates the "flashy" in your instructions. If you have worn pink hair to work that is fine. However the nose ring is iffy. When in doubt, be as professional as possible if you don't want attention drawn to yourself.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Nose rings are a fairly conservative form of body adornment made more or less acceptable by the all the other unusual modifications out there. It's often more of a cultural adornment these days, though with the pink hair I suppose I reads differently.

I wouldn't worry too much. The trustees probably have to overlook their own stereotypes of people all the time. If your paperwork is above board the trustee should not have a choice other than to settle the case based on that alone. Besides, people who chose to dress a bit punk or like an artiste usually aren't thought of as having a lot of assets hidden away. I imagine that the reason people are told not to wear a lot of accessories to the 341 is the appearance of expense.

I have some unusual ear piercings and wore them to my 341. I never remove them and didn't even think of it, nor was I advised to do. Of course, those aren't as easy to see and I was a 13 at the time. But I won't be removing them for my upcoming Chapter 7 341 either. On the other hand, both of my 341s are in fairly liberal communities.

In the end, probably doing whatever makes you feel most comfortable is best. My own anxieties were quickly allayed as the 341 began; I hope it's the same for the next one.
                11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
                02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
                08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
                09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Hmmm, if I had any hair on my head, I'd dye it pink....:-)

...nose ring sounds painful, so thats out.
                  (unless the trustee had one)

Comment

I don't suppose this is the sort of event where you wear a costume if it falls on Halloween?

11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
                    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
                    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
                    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

the meeting is really low key. I went to mine the other day. Keep your hair pink, just dress in something nice and casual. Now the piercing...i left mine in but they are "down there" I was a bit nervous going through the metal detector...would have been kinda difficult explaining my piercings to the guards... but the alarm didn't go off.. Nose rings are very common so i don't think it should cause any discrimination but you can always take it out for the 5 mins and pop it back in.

Comment

I say go as you are and dress business casual. Pink hair and a nose ring are not a biggie in todays world. : )

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X